Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!!

I have had a busy couple days since returning from vacation. It was cold in the house when we returned Weds. night so I put a roast into the oven last night. Then did mashed potatoes, corn, green beans & a fruit salad. We did invite our friend to come join us for dinner as he really did miss my DH while we were gone. Then I called my cousin whom lives an hour from us to tell her we were home. She called me later in the afternoon telling me that she was in our hometown too so she can take in the festivities that our hometown is having this weekend. So she was invited to stay for dinner, & overnight. She will be here all night tonight & again tomorrow night. She is easy company so I don't mind.

DH & I took our mopeds downtown at 11:30 as the "polka" music was starting then. They had two great bands & lots of good food stands. Then we ate & listened to several other bands. The King of the celebration is a hometown boy & the Queen was a classmate of my DH. There will be 130 accordions around the square tomorrow & they will also be in the parade on Sunday. Tonight DH & I ate leftovers from last night so now it will be rest up for more fun tomorrow. Tomorrow I want to go to the arts/crafts fair if it isn't raining. Today was beautiful but they say it may rain tomorrow. It is supposed to be nice for the parade on Sunday so our town will be swarming with over 100,000 visitors. People love all kinds of cheese & we have the only limburger cheese plant in the country. I don't so much like it but my DH does. The local TV station did a nice job of interviewing the king & queen tonight & they said we have 15 cheese factories left & they make 584 kinds of cheese between them.

Hugs to all of you.