Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT SUN!!

Good morning ladies!! I had a good day yesterday running around. I was happy I did not spend any more than was necessary. I got DD her bra and flip flops for guard and made my exchange. I tried hard to like some stuff at the store because I have a rewards check and a gift card but nothing spoke to me at all.

DD and I had Panda for lunch and I had an Amy's ice cream (heaven, an Austin business that has grown, Mexican vanilla is my fave) and we finally got to see Mom and Dad! She brought me a turquoise tee from CA, with ruffle flowers along the neckline and 3/4 sleeves. It fits PERFECt - I just love it.

DH stayed home - PVC pipes apparently brittle from the hot Tx sun and something bumped them when they froze and they were all busted up and we had no water. We were very happy it was in inexpensive fix.

It was 68 degrees again yesterday!! DD slipped on a little patch of ice on the way to the mall and it was a good experience for her. There was nothing around to hit so I knew we were safe and she was going slow but it was cute to see her hit the brakes and turn the wheel. She asked what she should have done and it was a good "teaching moment".

I asked Dad how they keep that from happening up North and he told me how there were snow plows and salt trucks on the roads constantly. NO WONDER Texas shuts down - we don't have that equipment for the same reason I've not had a winter coat for 20 years.

Tonight I am skipping CR, a rare occurance, to stay home and watch the game with DH.

What is everyone else up to?