Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT MONDAY!!

Good morning ladies!! I feel ok this morning but had fever last night and barely moved yesterday, so I called in (was going to work 1/2 day) and slept late. I'm cleaning around the house little bits and went to the "senior Zumba" class. Those ladies can rock it!! It was fun. I've scheduled lunch in town with my bestie so I'm not going to cancel, just going to take it easy around the house today.

What is everyone up to? I bought a phone case but I see it is the wrong one as they shipped it, so it will have to go back. Boo! I hate my new phone and have a jillion complaints about it. Can't get the hang of it. lol

That's all for shopping. I have some returns for when I make it to Austin, maybe today and maybe not. For now my piano is talking to me.

What is everyone up to?

Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT MONDAY!!

Good morning Kathleen and friends...I'm enjoying of of the few Mondays off that I have left!! I went to the grocery store this morning after dropping off Sydney and then took a little cat nap...this time change is kicking me in the you know where.

Kathleen, hope you feel better and enjoy your lunch!! They show alot of Austin in House Hunters and it is definitely somewhere I'd love to visit.

Today is my Kendalls 20th birthday...yikes!!! She is coming home this weekend for Spring Break so we will go to celebrate on Saturday.

I did cave on the ez pay day and ordered a Philosophy shower gel and lotion in FIL, I really love the scent and this winter has done a number on my skin...it feels so dry and I really do need to moisturize it. I only have a little of my moisturizer left so this was a needed purchase for me. We are loving the new car, but I still have to get used to it...Kathleen, like you miss your old phone, I miss my minivan...but oh well!!!

I have dinner in the crockpot so I am planning on enjoying my day...I'll walk on the treadmill this afternoon and then again tonight. I've still been getting in my 10,000 steps daily...I just need to control my eating, but that will come.

Hope everyone enjoys their Monday!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Glad you are feeling better and can enjoy your lunch out. It may be just what the doctor ordered for a complete recovery. Sorry the phone case didn't work out.

Nancy--I know you look forward to Kendall coming home, as well as that special birthday celebration. Enjoy the Philosophy.

As for me, I was up bright and early. I haven't watched much of the Q today but did see part of the Morning Show. Right now, the roofing guy is here. I definitely wanted this done before another rain, snow, etc. Just another expenses on an aging house which I had remodeled. Looking back, the intellectual part should have said that the home needed to go with me going to the city. Since then, services, etc. have dramatically declined.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies...just thought I would "pop in" to say "Hi". I've been super-busy with work, but have been reading the thread every night. I'm another who enjoys everyone's company here...such a nice group.

Normally, I don't mind winter, but this year, I have had more than enough. Spring can't come soon enough. Most of the snow has melted, except for a few of the larger piles but, it is still quite chilly.

Kathleen - hope you feel better as the day goes on!! It took me a while to get used to my Iphone, but now I love it. I hope it works for you.

Nancy - Happy Birthday, Kendall!!! I'm kicking myself for not throwing something in the crockpot this morning...now, I have no idea on what's for dinner. It's just Victoria and me, so we'll see. We have nail appointments for after work, which should be relaxing.

Hope everyone is having a good day!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Jean - house expenses can be costly...sometimes I think a condo is in my future. Not sure DH will agree, but it definitely appeals to me.

Respected Contributor

Karen I think the Iphone is much easier. Perhaps DH and I can get Iphones because I am used to his. lol I was thinking about the crock pot too but I have too many leftovers that I need to use up.

Nancy I know how you feel with the car too. I loved my old car. I do love my new car now too but I've had it 4 years now. It took a while. I'm glad you get a Monday off. 20yo!!!!! Where does the time go?

Jean, it's unfortunate about the heat and the roof. It's too bad that selling your home isn't an option since you don't like your climate and your rural area. I always think that if anything happened to DH I would likely buy and live in a travel trailer just because it seems easier but they definitely have their issues as well.

Time to jump in the shower and head out the door, although it is nice to be home.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. Sorry you weren't feeling that great and are having trouble getting used to the phone. I am still getting used to my "Smartphone" (which I purchased toward the end of January) -- taking longer than I expected. I'm still not sure that I made the right choice for me, but I think the simple phones are being phased out. A lady in "class" the other day said I was brave to try one of the phones, and I guess I feel that way too. LOL Hope you have a nice time with your friend for lunch.

Hi Nancy -- Happy Birthday to Kendall. My DD's birthday is on Wednesday and DH's birthday is on Saturday. So, I'm sort of in the birthday mood myself. Good for you with keeping up with the walking. I try to get in 10,000 steps a day. Sometimes I don't make it or barely make it since I get tied up with the computer, etc.

Waves to Jean -- glad your roof will be repaired at least. I know that it is an unwelcome expense, but at least it is getting done more quickly than your heat. Maybe someday you will move into town, probably makes sense especially given the lack of services and difficulty in getting help where you live. In the meantime, hope you can get some joy over the renovations you made to the house.

Nice to see you posting Karen. Sorry you are having such a rough winter. I think that is true of lots of people this year. Enjoy having your nails done with your daughter today.

Waves to Arlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Sonya, twinny, Gayle, Rosa, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon, and DH and I want to go to a Health Fair this morning. Need to get there soon. After the health fair we need to pick up a prescription for him, and I need a few things at the grocery store. I haven't had the opportunity to go through my pantry yet, but did find a couple of things to donate to the food bank.

Guess I should get moving now. Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

The roofing guy has finished and is off to another roofing job. He said that this winter has provided a bumper crop of jobs.

The climate isn't as much as an issue for me as is the lack of service and other items in this area now. It is a pain to have to travel an hour and a half one way to get items beyond that of the Dollar Store or drug stores. At one time, we had clothing stores, etc. Because of the lack of qualified people to do work, you keep your fingers crossed that there is not a big waiting list. I hit it lucky with the roofing person this time. If I were in the city, I would have the same climate but I would have easy access to everything and apartments and condos would be available. As long as I can drive and the weather is decent, I can live with it. I can't get out of my house what it is worth because it is not a seller's market. When I remodeled, it was a different story. When I remodeled, I still had family in the area; they died that year so all I have left are nieces who live far away.

Daylight Savings is the way to go. Many of us here are really appreciating it as the extra daylight comes in handy in the evening when returning from the city over crooked roads shared by the deer.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm still feeling lousy; I didn't get up until 2 p.m. and then only because the kitties were getting restless, wanting to be fed. There's always kibble available, but they were clamoring for something more. Gideon expected me to bring him his breakfast in (my) bed as he has me trained to do- not gonna happen; you'd think for once they'd take care of me - rotten little ingrates! {#emotions_dlg.crying} Kids these days are so ungrateful.... Wink

Happy birthday to Kendall. I think I need to clean my computer screen; there was a spot over part of your post, Nancy, and I read you were making dinner in your crackpot!

Sorry you're having so many problems with your house, Jean. I have a few odd jobs that need to be done around here, but learned that the deacons from the church have a team that helps single women with repairs so I won't have to mess with yet another dishonest handyman.

Well, I have a Ruritan Club meeting tonight and a friend and I are making a presentation, so I think I'll take a nap first - I have like zero energy. I also have to pick up my last paycheck from Schlock & Schlock Tax Company.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

RC, I hope you feel better soon. I know you were looking forward to your special lunch today. So far DH & I don't have cell phones. I dread the day we will probably have to get one. Being retired, it is nice to just go away for the day & not hear the phone ring.

Kensyd, Our big b'day month around here was January, when it was so bitter cold & snowy. I had to celebrate my b'day about 3 weeks late this year. I guess like they say, better late than never. Hope your DD has a great day too.

After having two days in the 40's, it is now 51 degrees outside & some melting is going on. I hope it doesn't melt too quickly or several of the lakes around here will be flooding. Glad we don't live that too close to any lake. I am getting moped fever, so DH took it out of the basement & put it into the garage. Hopefully I can start using it soon. Today I am making meatball stew for dinner. It is easy & DH loves it along with garlic bread. Tomorrow we are planning an outing with friends for lunch. Then we plan to go back to their place for cards. For dinner we are all going to a nice burger place. Now we need to hope that we don't get a lot of snow tomorrow. They are saying only 30's for highs with rain turning to maybe 2" of snow by tomorrow tonight. Too bad we couldn't have done all of that stuff today.

LL, I hope you have some birthday fun too this week. That book club sounds like fun too. I do a lot of reading & especially did a lot as it was so cold & bitter for many months. We are slowly heading toward spring I think. Today it is in the 50's, but tomorrow will be in the 30's with rain/snow.

Jean, I'm glad that your roof issue was sovled quickly. Now I hope that you soon get some heat in your house. Are you on spring break this week?

Karen, It is always more fun to be busy at work than idle. I remember when I was in the working force yet, we were either feast or famine. I agree with you that winter can't end soon enough. So far we have 38 snow falls and 46 days that were below zero. We broke all kinds of weather records this winter. I'm loving DST. It is so nice to see sunlight until around 7:00 at night now. I didn't miss losing the hour of sleep at all. We know lots of people that love condo living. Right now DH & I are just happy with living in our home. As long as he can still do the mowing & shovel/snow blowing he is happy to be where we are.

Hugs to all of you.