Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHO LICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 2/12)

Twinny hope your DH is ok. I had fallen once yrs.ago on a slippery driveway and wound up breaking my wrist...so now when I go to mailbox etc I slip on an old pair of shoes that I have those grippers things on them that q sold....come to think of it I have not see them this year....I remember they use to have a lady jumping around on a block of ice when selling them......they are probably my best purchase . Have a nice day out Twinny.
Respected Contributor

Twinny OUCH! That sounds painful. I hate it when DH hurts. I think mine is getting my cold, and his hip has been hurting him lately. Not sure what that is about, of course he won't go to the Dr. I hope your DH feels better already.

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried posting replies but each time I've been told certain words were not permitted in the post. The only problem is that those words did not exist in the post. Trying again!

Linda--I considered the TSV of yesterday but decided to wait. I got my smiley Scrub Daddy in a set of 8 from Amazon and they are still going strong. I'll just wait and order when I need them. The only difference was that the TSV contained blocks you could cut.

Kathleen--I've read all those Shopaholic novels; the first was the best. If there is no Zumba near your new home, then perhaps a dvd set would work. I think we can all find excuses to shop.

Twinny--I do hope DH is ok. Winter has its hazards and falling is one of them. Have a great visit with DH's mom.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean one of the characters in my new password is < and everytime I put the new password into my sign in, it kicks me to a "you are malicious blah blah" screen! Doing a DVD in the RV wouldn't work, there is just not enough room for anything like that. I think I will find some classes soon, right now trying to get into a set schedule. I thought this second novel was a little silly but that's one thing about rv living - I'm reading a lot these days.

Respected Contributor

Linda you classes all sound so interesting. Years ago took a 20's lit class. One of my all time favorites--loved that class!.

Oh car repairs---always something!. Have had my share lately!.

I must go grocery shopping soon. The animals are provided for but my options are getting very limited!. As much as I love the little scouts I try to avoid the stores when they are camped out!. It is that time of year.

Oh I remember the lady jumping up and down on the block of ice!.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had my lunch, so it is now time for the Kindle as I'm in the midst of one of the Kindle First novels I downloaded free before they are offered to the public. Both have been very good. Before Kindle time, I do have to pay the telephone/internet bill online.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's a COLD day out there today - only about 30° - but I do have to go out and run some errands: pay the mortgage, mail some books to my cousin who is caretaker to her mom with Alzheimer's (this is the aunt who loves to open presents, so I have a couple of little wrapped things in the package for her as well), return my library books and get more, and stock up on canned cat food at Tractor Supply, as they're having a big sale. I never did get around to unclogging the vacuum cleaner last night, so that has to be done today, I have cupcakes to make, homework that's due tonight....heck, I'm exhausted just thinking about all that! {#emotions_dlg.crying} I want to take my car to the mechanic tomorrow - I'm overdue for an oil change, and I need them to check the tire alignment - my steering wheel is vibrating a little when I drive. I always bring the guys a treat, and they always give me a break on the price, or do small jobs for free.

Jean, I've been trying to find those free monthly books again, but forgot how to get to them. I enjoyed the Shopaholic mysteries that that quote was taken from; they were good fun - I really enjoy a well-written cozy. I agree the first one was best; too often a series declines as time goes on, but I've found a couple that don't (at least not thus far), including the Domestic Diva series and the Black Cat mystery series. BTW, I've had that problem when I've posted a picture several times - sometimes there's a sequence of letters in the URL of the picture that the dirty-minded webbie finds objectionable. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

LindaL, that class on British mysteries sounds like fun. Where do you take all these classes? That's one thing about NYC that was really nice - there were literally hundreds of adult education classes that you could take at any given time; some were only an evening, and others went on for weeks. There's nothing like that around here, at least not that I've ever heard of.

Rosa, I like jewelry, but I don't often go out very much where I get dressed up, so I rarely wear what I already have, thus don't bother to even look anymore.

LindaR, I always keep a supply of food for my babies, but I can't say I don't have a lot for myself as well. I used to buy the cookies from the scouts, but first then started making them with HFCS, which I avoid, and when they started supporting PP, well, that was it for me. I love the Samoas, but Aldi sells the same cookie under one of their own labels.

Guess I'd better get moving - have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

I started out my day in a meeting with a Bradley Cooper / Chris Kyle lookalike. I haven't swooned over a man other than DH in a long time. Work just got more interesting!! :-)
Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone, I haven't read the thread yet, but wanted to say hi before I got too involved in getting supper made. We had maybe an inch of snow, which came both in snow squalls and some normal snow fall this morning. I got the paperwork for our taxes to the accountant, stopped for my license photo at the DMV, and made a trip to the shopping center near my doctors office to look for a new hamper. No luck, so maybe I'll try over the weekend. I got a few other small things done while out, and need a break for the afternoon. Be back later if I can, pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Do a search on Amazon for Kindle First. They will send you an email at the first of each month giving you a preview of the books from which you can choose. Usually, they just permit you to choose one book but the past two months, it has been two books. I think it is a way to get reviews for books all set up when they actually launch the books for the public. Your opinion of jewelry is exactly that of mine. I once worked, went to professional meetings nationally as well as in the state, and had a reason for nice jewelry. Now, my urge for something new in jewelry has to be satisfied by a low cost item. Remember the earrings that I got at 70% off at Macy's in Nashville? I think I paid around $30 for them, but they have ended up being one of my favorite pair of earrings and people have really noticed them.

Twinny--I do hope your DMV photo looks better than the one I had made. I usually have good ones made but this one doesn't pass the muster with me.

I remember seeing a neat gadget demonstrated yesterday and thought I might order it, but forgot to put it on my wish list. I need to start a search.

The cabinets are getting bare. I had promised myself to eat up the food before I raided the supermarket again. I love pickled beets and just finished my last can today. I ran out of caffeine free, calorie free soda two weeks ago and am surviving.