Super Contributor

Last year I was looking at shoes online, perhaps a few weeks after the event. I found some very nice Easy spirit slip on sneakers, and I bought several colors of those. I was surprised that my size was the only size left.

I usually try to stick with the brands I know and trust, regarding FFANY purchases during the month.

Most of the shoes they offer for sale, I would never wear or buy. I mean who wears 5 inch heels like that orange and gray pump......I would never in a million years wear that. I often wonder who buys and wears them.

I guess if you're in your 20s you can wear things like that. But I do not see the 20somethings I am around frequently in anything like that.

Super Contributor
On 10/3/2014 imaclotheshog said:

You know all the really nice shoes are held back for the show. And of course, they show most of the shoes at the event itself in NY, for all the celebrities and invitees to purchase.

I've always had a problem with that, because I think that QVC dismisses the fact that offered the best andit's the viewers and customers that shop with them every day that should be greatest discounts on the shoes..... but whatever I digress. It's important to remember the cause and that the money goes to fund research. I think there is a lot of room for improvement for this event but it's never happened.

I do buy some shoes from during October as part of the event but I never watch the show. There isn't any point, they have like 12 pairs of each style and they are sold out before you can say Hello Lover and so it's useless to try to get a pair during the show. Unless they are like those Cookie Monster blue wedges!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

You are absolutely correct. I understand everyone wants a good deal, even celebrities. I think if they are attending the actual event then there should be a minimum donation to be able to purchase at the event. Frankly there is a great deal of publicity for celebs so attending benefits them as well.

Perhaps a cover charge would help separate the wheat from the chaff.

Charities are rated, I wonder what the numbers look like for this event.

Cookie Monster blue wedges! LOL You nailed it! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

I think it's insulting to both the viewers AND the American Cancer Society to offer the dregs of their shoe collections for this event.

Honored Contributor
On 10/3/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Last year I was looking at shoes online, perhaps a few weeks after the event. I found some very nice Easy spirit slip on sneakers, and I bought several colors of those. I was surprised that my size was the only size left.

I usually try to stick with the brands I know and trust, regarding FFANY purchases during the month.

Most of the shoes they offer for sale, I would never wear or buy. I mean who wears 5 inch heels like that orange and gray pump......I would never in a million years wear that. I often wonder who buys and wears them.

I guess if you're in your 20s you can wear things like that. But I do not see the 20somethings I am around frequently in anything like that.

I agree Amp. The shoes are not "desirable" shoes for the most part. They are left over ones with a few exceptions. I'm certainly not wearing 5 inch heels, LOL. I did see a cute pair of Ivana Trump pumps in the Insider, but it looks like they are gone already. I get my Insider late, and most of the items are not available. The shoes looked to be basic pumps in several colors and were perhaps 2.5 inches. Did you see them?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor
Platforms are passé so we'll see plenty of them this month, like those vertigo-inducing shoes posted here. I agree that there's something not quite right about using a good cause as a dumping ground for shoes that haven't sold well. I used to look forward to the event but now I don't watch. I prefer writing a check directly to the charities I support.
Valued Contributor

Oh my Win, those shoes you posted about looks like someone dug those up from a warehouse from the 50's. Sadly most of there line up looks tired and dated!

Honored Contributor

Win,

Don't miss out on these before they're gone in your size!

Jessica Simpson Trebble Studded Wedge Sneakers - S7278

IMO, these look like men's shoes-

Arche Barkus Leather Lace-up Boots - S7288

And these look like a G.I.L.I. shoe-

GUESS Shonna Platform Sandals with Lucite Heel - S7400

Honored Contributor
On 10/4/2014 lolakimono said:

Win,

Don't miss out on these before they're gone in your size!

Jessica Simpson Trebble Studded Wedge Sneakers - S7278

IMO, these look like men's shoes-

Arche Barkus Leather Lace-up Boots - S7288

And these look like a G.I.L.I. shoe-

GUESS Shonna Platform Sandals with Lucite Heel - S7400

Oh Thanks Lola!!! They are SOOOOOO my style. You know me too well.Wink

Honored Contributor
On 10/4/2014 buddylou said:

Oh my Win, those shoes you posted about looks like someone dug those up from a warehouse from the 50's. Sadly most of there line up looks tired and dated!

ITA buddy! And the price....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

I stopped watching this years ago. I prefer to donate direct.