Valued Contributor

Something has been irking me lately.  Why do the shoe models strike very unnatural poses?  I can't see the shoes properly and how they would look normally.  Who normally strikes a pose with one foot flat on the ground, and the other on an angle with their heel on the other foot's ankle. Just weird.

Esteemed Contributor

I always assumed it was to show the top of the shoe.  Where the 'bow' or 'buckle" lives.  Buy on line and shoes spin around - shows the bottom - shows left - right and top. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen a model walk across the stage.....with sandals making that "flapping" noise........(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I always wonder why the models don't WALK in the shoes they model.  When we all buy shoes isn't this one reason why we choose one over the other - how do the feel on our feet???? 

Do the shoes feel good on?

Do they fit properly?

Do they look good?

Do they flip or flop?

Do they make noise when we walk?

How do they feel??????????????????/

No one ever walks in them. This baffles me.

Esteemed Contributor

So many shoe questions - if models 'walk' in the shoes they scuff up the bottoms and can't put them back in the box to be sold.    USED shoes

For 4 models = that's 4 pairs of shoes to trash or sell as is and lose $$$

Esteemed Contributor

They sell the models shoes?   They never look like they are wearing socks!!!  Yuck.

My pet peeve is the models who really don't have pretty feet, they should not be modeling sandals.  Also some of them (mostly hosts) don't have nice manicures either!  They should have to receive a manicure and pedicure, depending on what they are modeling, before they go on air. JMO

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

So many shoe questions - if models 'walk' in the shoes they scuff up the bottoms and can't put them back in the box to be sold.    USED shoes

For 4 models = that's 4 pairs of shoes to trash or sell as is and lose $$$

@fthunt have you seen the As Is prices? They aren't losing money. lol 

A small sacrifice for the tens of thousands they sell.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOE MODELING

[ Edited ]

I don't find it helpful to see a model walking in shoes. I want to see the shoe from every angle, and know the materials and construction. If it's a sandal, I want to see how much of the foot is exposed. I want the host or vendor to inform me of the fit and if I need to size up or down.

Having a model walk in a shoe tells me absolutely nothing about the comfort or fit of the shoe. Of course the models say everything feels great. I buy most of my shoes online anyway so still pictures work for me in most cases.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I always wonder why the models don't WALK in the shoes they model.  When we all buy shoes isn't this one reason why we choose one over the other - how do the feel on our feet???? 

Do the shoes feel good on?

Do they fit properly?

Do they look good?

Do they flip or flop?

Do they make noise when we walk?

How do they feel??????????????????/

No one ever walks in them. This baffles me.

@PINKdogWOOD   I don't think you would ever get any helpful information from any of your questions.  There is no mic at their feet or on the stage's ground level.  We will never hear flip/flop or noise even if they walk in them. 

As for the rest of the questions, you will get 100% "yes" and "fantastic" or "very comfortable" each and every time.  How could they say anything else?  They are there to help sell shoes.

Honored Contributor

I think they do various poses so that all shoppers get to see the angle they want to see.  We aren't buying the models so it doesn't matter what the models look like.  We just want to see a variety of shoe angles.