Honored Contributor

Re: SHOCKER! SHANUS TRYING COLORS FALL/WINTER

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   yes, nothing better than a  nice compliment to help us get out of our black, grey and white rut. 

I am like you.... reach for those same colors in my closet.  Occasionally I  step out of the box and wear COLOR. But, not often enough!

@SeaMaiden  Did find out during the trying on process, I can’t do pastels or that greenish yellow chartreuse. 

Same for me @Shanus.  There are colors I just can not wear...

Yellow for one( my blond husband looks so good in yellow!)   But on me yellow is just a no go!

Pinks OK depending on the pink....I love blue... all shades of blue....green depending on the green, but I really just do not like green...No bright red....but burgundy is good. 

Few prints....very picky on prints.

@SeaMaiden  In other words, you’re letting me know it may take awhile to figure this out before I venture forth?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   yes, nothing better than a  nice compliment to help us get out of our black, grey and white rut. 

I am like you.... reach for those same colors in my closet.  Occasionally I  step out of the box and wear COLOR. But, not often enough!

@SeaMaiden  Did find out during the trying on process, I can’t do pastels or that greenish yellow chartreuse. 

Same for me @Shanus.  There are colors I just can not wear...

Yellow for one( my blond husband looks so good in yellow!)   But on me yellow is just a no go!

Pinks OK depending on the pink....I love blue... all shades of blue....green depending on the green, but I really just do not like green...No bright red....but burgundy is good. 

Few prints....very picky on prints.

@SeaMaiden  In other words, you’re letting me know it may take awhile to figure this out before I venture forth?

@Shanus  You will just KNOW what you like or do not like. Your first impression is the right one.....do not think too hard!🙂

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I'm not surprised that you received compliments when you were colored top.
Color makes the completion come alive and makes our eyes sparkle.
Since you're picking blue based colors, are you a winter or summer season?

Trusted Contributor

For prints may I suggest argyle, paisley, or floral?  Smiles.  Kudos to you for adding something new to your closet.  I tend to stick to my uniform which could be described as stuck in a preppy rut.  If the prints I mentioned are too bold for a piece of clothing, try them in a silk scarf /shawl first?    

Trusted Contributor

You go, girl! Color makes the world go round. 👗👚👠🎒

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Hi Shanus... I too love black and white with some gray thrown in.   I also like stripes but dislike florals and paisley even if they are in my color pallet... I also have white/gray hair with fair skin and blue eyes.    I do have lots of plain colored tops but again in my color pallet.      Aqua, certain pinks and purples.      It's so very easy to pack though when everything is black and white!!   Very striking combo.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I’m so excited for you! Have fun adding color!

...yep, the prints will probably follow. 

Honored Contributor

I try very hard to stay away from black.  I think it is too harsh of a color with my pale aging skin.  

Honored Contributor

I think black, white and gray do nothing for a woman with white or silver hair.  My mom, who had beautiful silver hair, refused to own a piece of black clothing.  I also have silver hair and own many black pairs of pants but not a single black top.  It drains the color out of the face.  I favor clear, bright jewel tones, especially bright pink, purple and my beloved turquoise, and shades of bright blue.  I never wear green, and wouldn't wear olive if you paid me.  I dislike most florals but like bright geometric or contemporary prints.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm sure you look very nice in the neutrals but it's good to add some brightly colored things too. The compliments seem to confirm that your choices are becoming.