Honored Contributor

Re: SHIRTS/SWEATERS LONGER IN BACK

i have to disagree with @Annabellethecat66.....

i LOVE the "longer in the back look" for my hips and booty......

i like the look on others also. i dont think it makes it look bigger, especially when you are wearing the right sized top.

i dont like anything that is too short anymore and i am not a "tucker."

i also like the short over long and the long over short looks.

vive la difference!.....i know what makes me look good and feel comfortable. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well @sunshine45 that's what makes this country so great!  We don't all have to agree.  Obviously, there are people who don't agree (and I see them). 

It's not like I'm a fashion plate.  Before my husband died all I wore was jeans and stripped shirts...my grandchildren drew me wearing that in every picture.  He begged me to buy myself some clothes, I thought I looked good (they weren't tight).

When he died I decided I could either give up and live in a hole or start dressing like I gave a darn.  I chose the latter.  I usually only go to the Drs, visit my family and eat out.  But I do have a mirror and I know where my weakness in my figure is.  

I've always been a believer in 'do your own thing'.  Then came out the 'leggin' fashion.  Now I'm talking about those one's that are thin and I always called them 'tights'.  The jean looking one's cover things up.  It's the thin jobby jobs I'm talking about.

I don't know about some people but if I'd have dressed like some of what I see (see prior post) my daughters when I lived at home would have said, "You aren't going out with me looking like that"....and they'd be right!

But that's just my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

I HATE hi-lo hems. I'm busty and that causes my tops to be shorter in the front anyway. Add in a hi-lo hem and it just looks ridiculous. I love tunics but I want front and back to match.

Honored Contributor

@cjmcp wrote:

I HATE hi-lo hems. I'm busty and that causes my tops to be shorter in the front anyway. Add in a hi-lo hem and it just looks ridiculous. I love tunics but I want front and back to match.

My tops also ride naturally a bit high in front, and yes the extra long back just accentuates this. I don't even consider them - like I don't ever look at 3/4 sleeves.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@2blonde   They have mirrors...fun house mirrors. 😂

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I'll pull down the back part of my top to make it look like I'm stylin'Woman Wink...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally am not crazy about the style.  It's not flattering on the body.  I wish designers would come up with different colors rather than the lower back hem or sharp bite hem.  Will not wear the sharp bite and really try to stay away from the lower back hem.Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I so agree, my tops were always short in the front because I am busty, so now that they are made shorter in the front they are even shorter yet!  So now they look silly.  

I see some of the models who are busty, and especially with Logo, the fronts are so high you would not want to wear them with leggings. Of course all these look great on the very thin models. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I personally am not crazy about the style.  It's not flattering on the body.  I wish designers would come up with different colors rather than the lower back hem or sharp bite hem.  Will not wear the sharp bite and really try to stay away from the lower back hem.Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1  It's a shark bite hem, not sharp bite.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  Pearley's computer's like like mine. It types what it wants to say, not what I want to say. 🙃