Honored Contributor

Re: SHAWN'S SISTER-IN-LAW

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

No thanks........we don't share the same taste

@desertDi That's a good thing!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't a lot of the merchandise sold on QVC eventually make it's way over to QVC France? I bet those G.I.L.I. RFID blocking zip pouches and bag would be popular over there.

Honored Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

Personally, I don't understand how anyone could possibly use or wear whatCarolyn says she owns, ...

Maybe with that menagerie of animals she has, she needs to change her clothes often.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree,some of the hosts have real good tactics to sell.Thank goodness I don't fall for it.!

Honored Contributor

People really pay attention to all that? lol... 

Sales pitch or not, I never give the banter a thought. It does not matter if it is truth or fiction. I am all about the products. Give me the facts. The rest is just conversation. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

People really pay attention to all that? lol... 

Sales pitch or not, I never give the banter a thought. It does not matter if it is truth or fiction. I am all about the products. Give me the facts. The rest is just conversation. 

ITA.  I  don't care what they say they own, it's just smoke.  I'm interested in the product and if I like it, I buy it, but not because the host owns a dozen of them. 

Respected Contributor

I hope ladies are joking when they post about this.  I would like to think most of us see that as a sales technique and stay focused on the presentation of the product.  There are several hosts, some who have been around for a long time, who have claimed to own everything they present.  Actually, a lot of their sales pitches are pretty darn funny. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I think the vendors give the hosts free "samples" of the items they will be presenting on-air, so they can "try them out." So when a host says "l own this," it's probably because he/she didn't pay for it. And so Shawn, and all of the hosts, have a plethora of freebies they can give away as Christmas gifts.

I'm certain this is true. When my DH worked in sales his vendors often gifted freebees for him to pass on to his customers. Sadly, they were industrial products and nothing we could have used. I've heard hosts say they got a sample to try of various products.

Respected Contributor

It's another silly sales pitch.  I'm sorry, but she uses this ploy every day she's on the air.  I laughed the other day and thought the poor woman must not have anyone else to buy for her!  

Esteemed Contributor

Her SIL in Paris is nothing compared to her former ploy of her bad feet when selling Vionic shoes. We heard about her bad feet, the pain she went thru, the money she spent on her Podiatrist and how she visited him weekly. Honestly, I thought the girl would be in a wheel chair soon. And then, miracle of miracles, she was cured when given LRobinson's job, and could now wear stilletos and every kind of fashion shoe she can find. I understand selling, but I do think there's such a thing as selling in the realm of reality.