Respected Contributor
Lol, Shawn buys everything for her sister in law like Carolyn buys everything for her mother.
Honored Contributor

I'm quite certain the op was making an off hand joke. Shawn's sil is, apparently, getting everything under the sun fo xmas!

oye!

But regarding the 'relatable' sale's tactic: Can one really get temporary alopetia? That always bothered me.

Super Contributor

I have noticed so many MISERABLE posters on these forums. The same ones keep tearing up Shawn any chance they get. But YET, they are the same ones that are glued to their tv when she is on. 

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I could careless what Shawn buys as gifts for her SIL or anyone else. That is a sales pitch pure and simple. Or it is called the hard sell. Don't fall for this nonsense people.

I think it's you could not care less. Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I am noticing by reading these threads from this forum and other forums that some people think of the hosts as there friends. They are not your friends They are glorified sales people just doing there job. SELLING! And they will say what ever needs to be said to push the item and make you buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHAWN'S SISTER-IN-LAW

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I could careless what Shawn buys as gifts for her SIL or anyone else. That is a sales pitch pure and simple. Or it is called the hard sell. Don't fall for this nonsense people.

I think it's you could not care less. Smiley Happy

Your right WIn... I could not care less.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

This thread is really pathetic!  Why should anyone care what she buys for her sister-in-law or anyone else in her life.  She is fortunate to have the means to do so, she has a good heart and I think that it's very thoughtful of her.  

If you knew anything about Shawn or the other hosts, many of them said, including Shawn, that they only wear heels when on air.  Maybe the Q requires it for their hosts that do fashion shows, just like all the makeup they must wear, which they don't wear in real life.  I've heard Shawn say that she couldn't wait to get out of her heels.  

I agree...I have the world's worst feet and confirmed by a top foot surgeon in NYC; he said he could teach on my feet alone as I have every abnormality.  However, while working in the business world, I stored my heels in my desk and wore them for work only about 7.5 hrs daily....then, I put on comfortable shoes for the rest of the day.  Especially hosting a fashion show, you can't wear flip flops every night....you do what you must to keep your job.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:
Lol, Shawn buys everything for her sister in law like Carolyn buys everything for her mother.

I believe Carolyn as she always seems to wear D&C as it fits with her lifestyle....gardening, the animals, home and hearth....she is not a fancy gal....what you see is what you get with her...we don't hear about upscale restaurants in NYC ( which really aren't) or name dropping....phoney baloney....I think she is the real deal....

Frequent Contributor

That's what it was meant to do, make a funny!