Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I agree, I don't think Jill is a fan of the line. Probably should have someone else work with Susan.

Or perhaps point out to Jill that she's being paid to do a job... I'm sure none of the hosts like all their assignments... Still, if they do a professional job, the audience wouldn't detect it...

Others thought Jill did a very professional job. People see and interpret things quite differently sometimes; I've gone back and watched presentations that shocked or appalled people on this board for one reason or another and didn't see what all the hoopla was about. People also frequently miss the humor/kidding around in an interaction and report that someone was rude to another, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the show because I cannot tolerate SG, but I'm glad Jill put her in her place.  Good for her!  SG needs to be told to be quiet.  I try to watch now and then, but she says the same things over and over and over.  Can't take it.

And yes...."hold your horses" is an old saying and I'm sure it fit the situation.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Working with Susan must be like herding cats. If I were the host working with her, I would need a drink or two after the show . LOL

Or during the show Smiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

These are two very strong personalitie.  Over the years I've grown more fond of Susan and less of Jill.  In fact I think Jill is ill-suited for any fashion presentation. She simply isn't fashionable.

Honored Contributor

minkbunny------so funny--herding cats---that sums it up perfectly!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: SG show with Jill

[ Edited ]

Here's the thing; SG is owned by QVC. She's a HUGE money maker for the company. They're not going to do anything as long as she pulls in the big bucks when it comes to how she acts.

I don't watch her shows. I own a few pieces, they're very nice, no issues so this isn't a "let's bash SG post". The few times I HAVE watched I wonder how the host does her job because they're being told to "do this, say that, do this, do that" via their ear-piece. Now, how is that supposed to happen if the vendor is going a mile and minute and getting louder by the second? What would happen if a host just stood there and let SG do her thing the entire show? 

Probably get fired.

It, therefore, appears to me that any host working with SG can't win no matter what they do. I think Jill does an excellent job when working with a.....calmer vendor. Her jewelry shows are excellent as are her home shows. 

Contributor

No excuses for Jill and her kness.  she can be very curt at times.  After this many years of watchng her on TV, yes she can show her attitude. 

Do not care for her as a host.  She thinks she is Martha Steward and she is far from it.

Her ideas comes from Pinterest, her recipies come from Pinterest.

Contributor

Another comment about Jill.   One viewer indicated she was happy JB put SG in her place.   To put someone in their place on TV shows the real character of a host.  JB wants to be in charge and she is only a host.

JB's boss should be putting SG in her place.  

Jill feels she can do and say what she wants  There are many complaints about her and QVC does nothing to put JB in her place.

Honored Contributor

This is another example of much ado about nothing.  Jill didn't put anyone in their place.  She didn't say that in a mean, rude or condescending way.  Jill was joking. She has a dry sense of humor that people don't always get. 

I think Jill is one of the better hosts to work with Susan because Susan doesn't run over Jill like a freight train. 

Jill may or may not care for the SG line but she was very professional.  If she doesn't like anything she's selling, I can never tell.    

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This is another example of much ado about nothing.  Jill didn't put anyone in their place.  She didn't say that in a mean, rude or condescending way.  Jill was joking. She has a dry sense of humor that people don't always get. 

I think Jill is one of the better hosts to work with Susan because Susan doesn't run over Jill like a freight train. 

Jill may or may not care for the SG line but she was very professional.  If she doesn't like anything she's selling, I can never tell.    

Thank you—you are always the voice of reason.