Super Contributor

Re: SG's TSV for Tomorrow 9/4

Rayon/Nylon/Poly??? In other words, a different form of liquid knit. No thanks. I wish she would get away from all this fabric. She does great microfleece and French terry things - I'd like to see more of those.

Super Contributor

On 9/3/2014 BonAtTheBeach said:

They do look a little tight, and the chest measurements appeared a little smaller, too. Only 45.5" for an XL, which is my normal size (usually XL is about 48.5" for her open front cardigans). Here's the fabric content: 40% rayon/30% nylon/30% polyester.

I will pass on this one because I have 2 of her long cardigans with pockets from last year (rayon/nylon blend) which I love. But the chest measurements are noticeably larger for the ones I have. I've returned many SG items recently due to sizing issues (too small). I've even gone up a size on some and they barely fit.

I hope it works out for all of you who order.

I don't think that it's designed to close in the front. That may be why the garment measurement is smaller than expected. Looks like there's a 4" gap.

I'm passing because I have sweaters like that ... can't use any others.

Super Contributor

I bet this sells out, this is a great basic cardigan!

I actually like this one, and I really like that teal color! I like her sweaters, the rayon nylon blend ones, they are really soft and wash so nicely. I am trying to remember if I have any of her cardigans in this similar material. I don't think I do. I think all the sweaters I have are pullovers.

I think I am passing on this one but I love the video with all the ladies that have test driven the cardigan!

Honored Contributor

Not for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/3/2014 Kathleen said:

They do look a little tight, and the chest measurements appeared a little smaller, too. Only 45.5" for an XL, which is my normal size (usually XL is about 48.5" for her open front cardigans). Here's the fabric content: 40% rayon/30% nylon/30% polyester.

I will pass on this one because I have 2 of her long cardigans with pockets from last year (rayon/nylon blend) which I love. But the chest measurements are noticeably larger for the ones I have. I've returned many SG items recently due to sizing issues (too small). I've even gone up a size on some and they barely fit.

I hope it works out for all of you who order.

I don't think that it's designed to close in the front. That may be why the garment measurement is smaller than expected. Looks like there's a 4" gap.

I'm passing because I have sweaters like that ... can't use any others.

Yep -- you're probably right, but I sure love being able to close it in the front. Another reason for me to pass right along with you.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why this is being called a sweater? That fabric doesn't seem like what I would call a sweater.

I actually need to buy a longer open front sweater to replace the one I've had hanging on my office door for the 14 years I've been here and I brought it with me from my other job. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

But I want a real sweater that will keep me warm. I like the fact that this doesn't have a cascading front, points on the bottom, sharkbite hem, etc. It's just nice and basic. I just wish the material was different.

Valued Contributor

On 9/3/2014 robomo said:

Rayon/Nylon/Poly??? In other words, a different form of liquid knit. No thanks. I wish she would get away from all this fabric. She does great microfleece and French terry things - I'd like to see more of those.

When I first heard the tsv was going to be sweater I thought it might be made of cotton or a cotton/acrylic blend. I'll pass on this one.

Trusted Contributor

You guys like this one? New from Denim & Co (A257999). Body length measurements given are for the back -- about 29" for XL. Again, I don't need another open front cardigan - I just like to look at them.....and then TRY to find a reason not to buy. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Denim & Co. Sweater Knit Long Sleeve Drape Front Sweater

Trusted Contributor

You guys like this one? New from Denim & Co (A257999). Body length measurements given are for the back -- about 29" for XL. Again, I don't need another open front cardigan - I just like to look at them.....and then TRY to find a reason not to buy. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Denim & Co. Sweater Knit Long Sleeve Drape Front Sweater

P.S. 60% cotton/40% acrylic. I like that combo!

Honored Contributor

love the selection of colors and the simplicity and i think the price is pretty good.....these types of toppers work well with my wardrobe. i am a big fan of rayon/poly/spandex blends because i can use them year round.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein