Honored Contributor

SG is always trying to reinvent her ponte knit dress

I always thought it was totally perfect. Short sleeves so it could be worn all seasons - in winter with a cardi or a jacket. Neckline is perfect for many types of jewelry. I call it my accessory dress. I often wear it with a pretty pin.I own this dress in black so I often wear it with my old KJL lipstick pin - which is goldtone and red. I wish she would quit trying to reinvent it and would just bring back the basic dress in many colors like she used to have it. I could use some new colors, as I only have it in teal and black. I used to also have it in navy til DH somehow spilled bleach on it when he was doing the laundry after I had some surgery.

Respected Contributor

Re: SG is always trying to reinvent her ponte knit dress

I loved that dress; she sold for years and I had it multiple colors....and multiple sizes...lol  It was like a magic dress; regardless of the occasion, from very dressy to very casual, it worked with just a change of shoes and accessories.  I wish she'd bring it back, just as it was. 

Honored Contributor

I know I'd love to see her original light flowing peachskin come back (looked & felt like silk).... but she'd have to have a manufacturer that paid attention to sizing issues and how a fabric feels.

I bought 3 blouses a while ago that were a heavier peachskin that she trumpeted "was back".... but the sleeves are too short and I have to unbutton them and roll up to wear and the peachskin was thicker and felt stiff.  I kept them because they were the closest she's come to making a peachskin blouse with a pattern (OTHER THAN ANIMAL PRINTS... sick of them) but have to admit that I haven't worn them a lot because of the shorter sleeve length..... Woman Frustrated 

*Sigh*

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

This is the very best LBD ever. It goes for any occasion - always right. I originally purchased it for an event for my DH's company and have worn it a zillion times for a zillion different occasions. I have dressed it up for cocktails and dressed it down for more casual. I have worn it to numerous weddings dressed up with good jewelry.DH and I had professional portrait done for our 30th anni. and I wore it with a pretty flowing scarf. I so wish they would bring this dress back.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have the one that is on clearance right now.  The jewel neck 3/4 length sleeve swing dress.  I have the black and I too have worn that dress over and over and over again.  With a thin belt, wide belt, with a jacket, with flats, boots, heels, tights, bare legs, and on and on.  It has always been one of my favorite dresses.   

Respected Contributor

i had the original dress in black and must say it was nice.  i've lost weight since then so it's long gone.  i can understand why you would want her to bring it back.  i'll bet it would be nice with long sleeves, too.

Respected Contributor

I don't like knit ANYTHING. Ponte knit, this knit that knit. Will never buy it.

Respected Contributor

I was a fool who purchased this dress in three different styles, and never wore any of them.  I could never make them look right.  Just looked like I had a sack on.  Kicking myself that I kept them and donated them.  What a waste. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat, you are not alone. I have donated every SG dress I ever bought, just don't look good on my shape which is the direct opposite of Susan's. I took a vow to never order another one, lol!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

It was my favorite dress; was lucky enough years ago to get a black short-sleeved one in petite and it is still a go to for me. I've worn it casual with a cardigan, or dress up with pearls and heels. No one would ever know I got it for 20 or 30 some dollars from QVC.

I can still wear it, even tho it's about 7 years old. In fact, wore it to grand-daughter's high school graduation last year Smiley Happy

Why did SG abandon this traditional styling to keep going more and more like LOGO with long hemlines??  hard to figure out