Trusted Contributor

Re: SG butterknit top - can't cancel in 10 minutes??

HSN gives you until midnight to cancel. They used to have a 45 minute window

to cancel, but they changed it quite a while ago.  Probably when they decided that you could order all day long, & still get a break on or free shipping.  Much better idea.

Honored Contributor

@Esmollin wrote:

I went back and could not edit or cancel. And according to dear customer service, they start the order process right after you place the order. I have this in an email from them. So, be warned, poor QVC may have changed its policy, or it may depend on the vendor? Either way, I'm out the shipping to return. 

Live and learn, my fault. 

I can understand it depending on the vendor but you would think with an in-house vendor like Susan, you'd be able to cancel or edit. 

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

it is really very simple to edit your order on line.

Its is not very simple.  I'm never able to do an edit to change size, color etc.  That function doesn't seem to work. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, it just happened to me. I accidentally ordered a petite instead of regular in a graver item. Tried to cancel and edit thrre times immediately to no avail. Called customer service and they could not cancel it either. I received it right away and sent it back right away. Received the regualr too by placing it when I couldnt cancel the petite, and love it and am keeping it.

I tried to cancel  some eve pearl lipstick right away when she had a tsv a while back and couldn't either. I got it and have never used it, and probably never will.

Esteemed Contributor

@Esmollin wrote:

I went back and could not edit or cancel. And according to dear customer service, they start the order process right after you place the order. I have this in an email from them. So, be warned, poor QVC may have changed its policy, or it may depend on the vendor? Either way, I'm out the shipping to return. 

Live and learn, my fault. 

@Esmollin, this has happened to me. I kept trying it and trying it and after about five times, it accepted the cancellation.

CS says they "process right after you place the order," and then it takes them sometimes five days in process.

Several years back, I remember CS told me we are given 24 hours.

Trusted Contributor

Whenever I have a problem with an order, CS fixes it right away. Sometimes there are glitches in the system. No need to panic. lol

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100

Read all of the posts. Apparently they're not fixing this 'glitch'.

I had a similar incident with ShopHQ (yes it was that long ago) when my husband wanted a router they were selling. After I ordered it for him he changed his mind!

I couldn't cancel so I called CS. Had a knock down drag out that was left unresolved for the most part "once it's in process I can't cancel it!' but he did manage some how.

I no longer order anything for DH until he's really, REALLY, sure he wants it! LOL

I had another incident where I had postponed an AD item but they sent it out any way! I called a few times but got nowhere. When the item arrived I sent it back with a note explaining the problem and stating that not only did I want my money back I didn't expect to be charged the return shipping.

They didn't charge me the return shipping! There's more than one way to get the same end result.

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@BARBIE100

Read all of the posts. Apparently they're not fixing this 'glitch'.

I had a similar incident with ShopHQ (yes it was that long ago) when my husband wanted a router they were selling. After I ordered it for him he changed his mind!

I couldn't cancel so I called CS. Had a knock down drag out that was left unresolved for the most part "once it's in process I can't cancel it!' but he did manage some how.

I no longer order anything for DH until he's really, REALLY, sure he wants it! LOL

I had another incident where I had postponed an AD item but they sent it out any way! I called a few times but got nowhere. When the item arrived I sent it back with a note explaining the problem and stating that not only did I want my money back I didn't expect to be charged the return shipping.

They didn't charge me the return shipping! There's more than one way to get the same end result.

Yikes! What a hassle. I guess that I have been lucky, but I am sure that my time will come. LOL

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

Never post your problems on here you'll get no sympathy.  work them out for yourself.