Respected Contributor

Just last week, sandals, when so much of the country is experiencing ice and snow.

And now, a top with cut-out sections. . .around here, we're covering up!

Exposed feet, exposed shoulders. . .not when it's 20 degrees or less.

Honored Contributor

I like the look but not for me since I do not like anything with a high neckline.  SG clothing is way too  conservative for me but this is not the same old look she usually has.  

Cold shoulder tops have been around for years and not "passe" as those who hate the look keep saying.  I have worn them way back in the '70's 80's, 90's to the present.  Good thing there are choices for everyone's tastes.  I sure wouldn't expect nor would I want everyone to dress in the styles I like.  How boring would that be.   

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Just last week, sandals, when so much of the country is experiencing ice and snow.

And now, a top with cut-out sections. . .around here, we're covering up!

Exposed feet, exposed shoulders. . .not when it's 20 degrees or less.

@insomniac2 I love SG but I agree. Sandals last week? Cold shoulder this week? Even the clothing is as confused as the weather? This top is for all seasons esp if dramatic temps occur in the same day. 😂 I love SG but not this combination and esp on me.

Respected Contributor

Don't like cold shoulder tops AT ALL !!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have alot of SG...and i like her..........but she has been doing alot of cold shoulder tops (don't want to hear that they look good on everyone again....NOT)....... if  you look quickly at the TSV you think someone has a bandage on their neck and the cold shoulders always remind me of football pads..................and especially the larger size models like myself with the cold shoulder tops on i feel don't compliment them at all.......................

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I agree but the price! I have never paid that much for a regular sweater and never will!  SO many places to find better priced options in stores and online! Check out TJM and Marshalls. The max for something like this there is $24.99!! I've gotten brand name lace tops and dresses there for that price or much less. SG prices are insane.

my got to store,  

and I agree the type of top is 25$ max there.

Honored Contributor

I don't like it much either,  but it looks nice on Katie from the brief glance .

it's as though they couldn't decide which trend

CT or cutout neck

oh heck lets do both

Honored Contributor

I like cold shoulder tops, but only for spring or summer fashion.  I cannot for the life of me get into cold shoulder sweaters or any other winter cold shoulder top.  High neck, but cold shoulders -- it looks so odd to me. 

I get sleeveless turtlenecks because they are great for layering.  But you wouldn't layer a cold shoulder top because showing the shoulders is the whole point. 

Enjoy if you love it!  Just not for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

What, I am plus size and look great is a cold shoulder, it is an alternative to sleeveless for me.

wrote:

Isn't thus cold shoulder style passe or rapidly becoming so?  It does no favors for the plus size women especially.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

If I'm wearing a sweater it means I'm cold so I don't want my shoulders sticking out!  Not a fan of cold shoulder to begin with but this one is really bad.