Trusted Contributor

Re: SG TSV top already gone in the color I would have chosen

[ Edited ]

I ordered the blue. I thought that it would look crisp and cool with white capris for Summer. Smiley Happy

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I would have chosen the pink sunset too.  I got the early email and thought oh I'll just wait until it's on.  And it is sold out in that color.  Guess I didn't really need it after all.

Valued Contributor

I pre-ordered the blue & the black.  The pink looked like red on every screen I have and  looked garish as red & purple.  I apparently missed out!!

With the black & the blue I will have 2 different tanks that will work well with other tops I have.  Since I have a large collection of Chinese porcelain in blue & white, I had to get the blue!

I'm not a cold shoulder fan so I will tack the slit in several spots with a small stitch so it doesn't fall open on my arms.

Respected Contributor

The tropical print reminds me of a set SG had years ago of shorts and camp shirt in tropical print. Loved that top.  She should do it again.

Valued Contributor

Someone in another thread said Wal-Mart has them for less.

Respected Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Someone in another thread said Wal-Mart has them for less.

SG items are in Walmart now?

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen any scarf tops in the stores for years.  I own one of Susan's and I believe it's about 5 years old already.  I think at most I might wear it once a year and it's one of those that you don't need a tank underneath, the scarf material was heavy enough that nothing shows through.

Why the attraction?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

For some odd reason I was up at midnight and caught the launch and ordered the pink sunset. I like the blue as well. I bought the SG white capris to go with.

i don't have many SG pieces but my Mom's wardrobe is 85% SG. She never missed a Thursday show. I recently had to help her move to assisted leaving and we had to donate many of her clothes (she had a lot after 25 years of Q shopping) I was so impressed with the quality of the SG garments, even ones she wore frequently. You can compare Walmart clothes to hers all you want, I can see the difference in the fabrics and the tailoring. 

Honored Contributor

@Shortygirl wrote:

First for some odd reason I was up at midnight and caught the launch and ordered the pink sunset. I like the blue as well. I bought the SG white capris to go with.

i don't have many SG pieces but my Mom's wardrobe is 85% SG. She never missed a Thursday show. I recently had to help her move to assisted leaving and we had to donate many of her clothes (she had a lot after 25 years of Q shopping) I was so impressed with the quality of the SG garments, even ones she wore frequently. You can compare Walmart clothes to hers all you want, I can see the difference in the fabrics and the tailoring. 

@Shortygirl  I agree her clothes are very well made.  There are a lot of things in her collection I don't like, but the things I have ordered, and there are many, last forever.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Pink Sunset is really pretty, @faeriemoon.

I hope you get it!

It might show up tomorrow or something.  You know it will only be a few bucks more than the TSV price.  LOL