Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Really ?!? Lace Cardigan !! Seriously !!

@Sweet_Serenity

Don't worry!  Before long the Q will be selling it at a:  1) clearance price 'cause it didn't sell at original price; 2) 'as is' price 'cause sizing is always off!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: SG 70.00 ?!?

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

It is a shame that some people have the money so they buy things even though they are not a value for the money. SG's manmade fabrics are NOT value for the money, it's that simple. And because some people can and do buy them without giving any thought to if they are worth the price or not - the prices just keep going up & up.

I don't know why a garment should be cheaper because it's a man-made fabric.  I'd take a $70. poly shirt over a $70. silk any day.  They take color equally well but the poly is easy care, lasts forever and resists wrinkling.  I've got SG shirts in my wardrobe I bought before I retired in 1998.  They look like new with no fading and no sign of wear.

There are various qualities of synthetic fabrics just as there is in everything else and Susan obviously uses good quality.

Our friend, @151949, is always shaming people who buy anything finer than K-Mart quality.  Why shouldn't people who can afford it buy what they want?  They are factors to be considered when shopping other than price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Now here is an oxymoron - Good polyester. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Yeah - it's a shame that I can't just throw away my money on any garbage I see but I worked very hard to earn my money and I appreciate it's value, and I don't spend it on Junk.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure one could find a similar item at Walmart for less than $20.

Valued Contributor

I am not sure if its can be called junk if people have it, wear it a lot and still looks like new. So in this case money well spent.

Also everybody works hard for their money. Life not that cheap and easy so people work hard to get the job and keep it.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

Not sure which cardigan you are referring to, but I am sure many purchased and will love it.  If it is too expensive for you, just skip it.

Not about the $$$! SG prices are ridiculous. More than willing and do spend on clothes. The item I'm referring to! Is not! Worth 80.00 after tax and shipping. Once again, Over priced not worth it.

It is a shame that some people have the money so they buy things even though they are not a value for the money. SG's manmade fabrics are NOT value for the money, it's that simple. And because some people can and do buy them without giving any thought to if they are worth the price or not - the prices just keep going up & up.

Sorry, but YOU nor nobody else has the right or the intelligence or the authority to dictate to anyone else what is worth spending their money on.  I've read many of your posts that I find what you value and purchase to be something I would never spend a red cent on and have NEVER challenged you on it or condemned you for doing so.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Kachina624  Yeah - it's a shame that I can't just throw away my money on any garbage I see but I worked very hard to earn my money and I appreciate it's value, and I don't spend it on Junk.

Oh but @151949, you have thrown pplenty of money away on garbage you see.  You just don't think your garbage is garbage.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949  You obviously don't know anything about textiles.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SG 70.00 ?!?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Unless Halston makes it in pink and I like it!