Honored Contributor

Re: SERIOUSLY.... Who would be caught dead wearing One World Fashions?

Those of you who object to this sort of post need to realize that they result from the minds of very intelligent posters who COULD post detailed, acccurate, negative OPINIONS without using insult language, but CHOOSE deliberately to vent their hostility by doing what they do.

Presumably, they savor the reaction of those who concede that there is another way to express negative reactions. 

If you read over posts from the past, you will find many posts like these, but also reasonable, well considered posts on subjects other than fashion, weight problems, and a few other topics. 

Why these otherwise erudite posters are choosing to do this is anybodies' guess. Just keep in mind that they REALLY DO have some sensible things to say, even if you have to disregard the junior high posts.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

While there are some styles and brands of clothing I personally don't like  and would never wear, I know we all have differing tastes and if I felt the need to post about it would never want to be that rude to those who actually like such things.  

I would agree.  I do not care for most of the line, but I'd never be that disrespectful to many of the women on this board who like the clothing.  Some of it does look cheap, but it's not all bad.

Plus, many clothing lines on Evine and other shopping channels look cheap.  One needs to pick and choose.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann, when I read anything from this type of poster (baiters and pot stirrers) I am reminded of one of Ralph Waldo Emerson's famous quotations:

"Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear what you are saying."

They write words and I read, "Blah blah blah blah blah blah." Regardless of their supposed intelligence or erudition.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

LOVE your avatar, LOVE your OPINION!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it would be nicer to others if you just said  One world fashions are not my cup of tea. What looks good on one women may not look good on another. Or one women may  like something the other does not. Your thread title is hurtful to others.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I own a lot of One World tops that are made from ITY polyester jersey and most of those tops came from Winners. I do like that they are unique and i pair the tops with jeans or capri jeans. Some of the tops are too low in front so I put a camisole underneath.

i wish that evine would ship to Canada.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the brand. I like prints but theirs are too much for me, especially with all the crochet and embellishment they add. I also dislike asymmetrical and shark bite hems so that rules out most of their tops. Most of their items also look very thin and flowy. I prefer a classic more structured garment. 

Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@INDIANA BONES, so appreciate your post and sensibility. I bet your GF is a doll no matter what she has on. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that she's one lucky girl to have you in her life. 

Thank you very much for your compliment. I am actually the one blessed that she cares for me and my lovely children as if she were their mother.  Life is good.  Much appreciation for your kind words.  BTW, I have learned so much here reading what people like and dislike in clothes and jewelry.  Thanks everyone!

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I am not a fan of the brand. I like prints but theirs are too much for me, especially with all the crochet and embellishment they add. I also dislike asymmetrical and shark bite hems so that rules out most of their tops. Most of their items also look very thin and flowy. I prefer a classic more structured garment. 

Thank you for stating, in a clear, straightforward manner, why you don't like the brand. Your post is a great example of one that expresses a negative opinion without being insulting or nasty.

Trusted Contributor

One World is not to my taste, but to each his own.  They say it is California chic.  I don't know being an east coast girl.  I will say I made my very first purchase of Kate & Mallory yesterday.  I bought some tops.  Worried they will be "cheap", but they had decent reviews.  We'll see.  Anyone here try that line and like it?  I don't buy too much clothing on line.  I prefer to be able to try things on as sizes sometimes vary for me depending on cut.  I also prefer classic over trendy.