Honored Contributor

The only time I wear scarves in the summer is when I go hiking. I wear a bandana on my head (du-rag) or around my neck and soak it in water to keep cool. 

Valued Contributor

No, I only wear scarves around my neck in cooler months as a fashion accessory.  Otherwise, it is too hot for me.

Honored Contributor

First, there is a BIG difference between a silky fashion scarf and a big, heavy wool or knit scarf worn for warmth.  They aren't the same thing but I do wear both.  I wear big wool scarves under my winter coats to keep the air out and for neck protection.  I do wear silky fashion scarves.  Not often but in the winter, I like to brighten up a solid turtleneck with a colorful scarf, the same with maxi dresses in the summer.  If you don't like scarves, don't wear them but women have been wearing scarves ever since clothing invented.  Scarves didn't begin with Isaac.  Oh, I also sometimes tie scarf on the handle of my summer bags.  You must really hate that...LOL   

Honored Contributor

I wear them all the time, usually a print or plaid.  I wish blouses and skirts came in some of the scarf prints.  Clothes never seem to offer the beautiful scarf prints.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45Esty has a lot of different ones. I have found them at gift shops. Also, I like to use some of my plain rings.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45Look up scarf jewelry. I have seen some on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear winter-type scarves because we don't do winter very much in SoCal. But I have several light-fabric scarves that I wear often, although not during heat waves.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Not all knitted scarves are heavy.. This one is made with a very light weight yarn and I wore it to my 50th high school reunion in the month of September:                                           

done.jpg

Honored Contributor
@VenturaHighway

I do something similar with a large link chain choker - weave a long scarf through the links.
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I used to sometimes wear scarves around my neck with my coat in the winter but only if bitterly cold and I had to be outside. I never wear scarves with T shirts or blouses just as a fashion statement, just not my style. I see the models wearing scarves with Isaacs's TSV and he likes using scarves alot. I don't think they look good at all with T shirts or regular blouses in the middle of spring or summer.  How do you feel about wearing scarves? Do you wear them year round ? Just curious

@Goodie2shoes  Yes, the wool, blanket type scarves are very heavy and warm in spring/summer. I do enjoy wearing large rectangular scarves in warmer weather as a shawl over my shoulders in in air conditioned restaurants, movies or malls. It’s not really part of my outfit, but a throw a matching one in the car just in case I need it. 

I do do have some lightweight scarves that I knot lower (not high around neck) to spiffy up (?) a white tee and jeans.