Esteemed Contributor

All year, yes.  In many ways.  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I don't wear them at all.

For outdoors, it doesn't usually get cold enough where I live (Atlanta) to wear them.

For just as a fashion accessory, I can't stand to have anything around my neck like that- scarf, cowl neck, turtleneck- no way.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

In the winter I love them with my coats and jackets.  They not only add warmth but a bit of color -- which we need in these cold, dark days!

In warm weather months --- not so much.  I have quite a collection to wear with blouses and knit tops but I seldom wear them.  They feel like an extra thing which ends up bugging me and not laying where they should by the end of the day!  They are pretty! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm a huge fan of scarves.  I have some in many different fabrics and patterns, some are quite expensive and given as gifts. 

I have some that look like works of art.  Some have poetry written on them.  I have some winter ones that my mother has crocheted for me.  I must have over 50 scarves.

I wear them usually three out of four seasons, but I have been known to wear a select few in the summer to compliment my office attire.  That's when I can wear one of my narrow silky scarves loosely knotted to fall like a 30" necklace.  It's like soft jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I rarily wear a scarf and never in the summer.  I think when they are bunched up around the neck it looks silly.

That one poor model they usually have her in a scarf no matter what she has on and its always bunched in front at the neck.   It looks like she has a neck brace on.

I dont want to see a top they are showing to have anything on with it so I can see what it looks like.

And the stripes and plaids together is a huge NO in my opinion!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I always wear scarves! It's my signuture piece. I actually met my husband because of my cute little scarf tied at my neck. We worked together and he spied me and my scarf, 45 years later the rest is history.  Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I don't wear them at all.

For outdoors, it doesn't usually get cold enough where I live (Atlanta) to wear them.

For just as a fashion accessory, I can't stand to have anything around my neck like that- scarf, cowl neck, turtleneck- no way.

@gidgetgh

I don’t wear them either. I think they can look great on other women. I did try a lightweight scarf for work a few times, but I just couldn't deal with the material on my neck. Strange, because I like turtlenecks. I do own a couple for my winter coats, but I rarely need them. 

Respected Contributor

I love to wear a scarf. I don't in the summer but I do the rest of the year. I think it really adds to a coat or outfit.

There are several ways to tie a scarf and I also have scarf holders, where you can put the scarf through and has a complete different look.

Respected Contributor

Image result for scarf with jewelry

This is how I like to wear a scarf. Best of both worldsWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway

do you know if they sell the scarf hardware separately so you could do this to your own scarves?

i have some of these types of scarves also and purchased them from ebay and from boutiques.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein