Honored Contributor

Re: SCARVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also in AZ and think the wholesale promotion of scarves is kinda hilarious. After all, at least half the country is in a warmer climate.........(even tho we and NV take the prize).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I wear scarves all the time. Always have. Love them! I do wear them with my nice tees shirts and I think I look pretty chic. Most women I know wear scarves and they wear them well. I prefer them in the summer to a necklace. I just don't wrap it around my neck. If you go to a restaurant or the movies, it keeps you warm.

Super Contributor

I bought one in Target this morning and have been wearing it with a T-shirt all day.

I had no idea I was doing anything wrong {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It's been around the 60F mark here today, too warm for a jacket but a light top layer works just fine.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of scarves except on winter coats as an accessory or for warmth when I have to be outside. I think they can look chic when worn the right way, but they would make me hot and irritate my neck.

Esteemed Contributor

Personal preference....scarves are in
Super Contributor

What some people concern themselves with....odd.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2015 ECBG said:

Love scarves!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

When it's hot, if you have a silk/poly rectangle, tie a knot in the center, then another about two inches over on both sides. You now have three knots in the center. It's a necklace! Just put it around your neck and tie the backs! Scarves can also be tied around your waist (if you don't have a small waist, just wear a tee and a big shirt as a soft jacket!

Don't forget to tie them on the handle of your handbag!

This is one of my favorite ways to wear scarves -- sort of like a "scarf necklace". So simple and easy, and leaves the neck area open, so it's not hot. Sometimes I tie just one knot in the center. If the scarf has an interesting color/design in the center, as many do, I try to tie the knot so the center design is highlighted there. I've also slid large, decorative beads or slides on both sides of the knot, or put a decorative scarf slide in the middle with or without knots on either side. Those slides and other scarf jewelry were big a few years ago and are still a nice effect sometimes.

Image result for scarf slides Image result for scarf slides

Valued Contributor

If you live in a cold winter area you know you need a nice warm scarf around your neck and under your coat to stay warm. Unloading groceries to the car is cold without a scarf around your neck up to your chin.

I like scarves in all but the hottest months. I think they add the finishing touch to an outfit and are they ever nice in the freezer sections of the grocery store over the shoulders to keep warm. I won't go in a restaurant any time of year without a little sweater or a scarf to put over my shoulders.

Scarves are beautiful just tied in one knot around the neckline of a shirt or sweater. I notice people who take that extra little bit of time to add a scarf to their outfit. It shows they care about how they look.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the OP. Some hosts where scarves daily wrapped repeatedly right under their chin. I wonder---is the studio that cold? With Spring clothes, it looks weird so close around the neck.

Respected Contributor

I consider this post to be the flip side of ""Why do all the hosts wear sleeveless tops when it's still cold?""