Valued Contributor

Re: SCARVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you feel cold or the need to be fashionable then by all means wear a scarf...the models on QVC when showing a top should not wear a scarf...unless several models are showing different looks with the top. Many times there is one model who is supposed to be showing an on air top and it is covered with other ""stuff""!

Honored Contributor

i use scarves year round.....and not just around my neck. do you know how cold it gets in the summer when you are in an air conditioned restaurant, drs office, grocery store? i am definitely a scarf person and collect and wear them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Chrystaltree said:

...whatever. This scarf phobia comes up every spring. Obviously some of you don't even know what a scarf is. However, there are no laws mandating scarves. So what the is the big deal? Really, I would like an answer because I just don't get it. It's not like scarves are new. It's not like they were invented a few years ago. Scarves have been a fashion accessory for....well...probably hundreds of years.

yes, and it will appear again.....and again.....and again this season and throughout summer. Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 junera said: a top should not wear a scarf...unless several models are showing different looks with the top. Many times there is one model who is supposed to be showing an on air top and it is covered with other "stuff"!

That's a non-issue for me - QVC's problem. If I can't see the item details, I'm not buying it.

Honored Contributor

I wear scarves most of the year (live in Mid-Atlantic, transplanted from Northeast region). I absolutely LOVE my spring/summer scarves; I wear them loose around my neck, or just knotted very low like a long, flowing, lovely necklace. That's how I usually wear my florals since I'm not one for wearing big & busy flowers on my actual clothing.

Trusted Contributor

Unless I'm going out into freezing weather, I just don't care for big, heavy scarves swaddled around the neck. They look bulky and out of place for everyday wear -- and just plain silly for warm weather. Sometimes the "color accent" is nice, but I can find lighter, less bunglesome ways to add color to my outfits!

Super Contributor

Now that I live in a warmer, drier climate in CA, I don't wear them. But I have MANY from living in the Midwest. The air con here isn't blasting, and its warm outside all year (and not humid) so no need unless it's one of the new skinny scarves just for color. I really think it depends heavily on where you live. QVC is in Pennsylvania, and you probably need scarves year round there.
Honored Contributor

Love scarves!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

When it's hot, if you have a silk/poly rectangle, tie a knot in the center, then another about two inches over on both sides. You now have three knots in the center. It's a necklace! Just put it around your neck and tie the backs! Scarves can also be tied around your waist (if you don't have a small waist, just wear a tee and a big shirt as a soft jacket!

Don't forget to tie them on the handle of your handbag!

Honored Contributor

I will not go any where without a scarf, I have a light weight scarf I wear even in the summer, I just don't wrap it around my neck.

Honored Contributor

If I had known then what I know now, I'd own almost no necklaces and many scarves. Personable preference.

As for the models hiding necklines so that shoppers can't buy? Kind of funny coming from poster here who is they really liked the garment being shown could check out the neckline online.

Only people who don't use computers have reason to complain (IMO) and they aren't here posting. They're buying.