Valued Contributor

stores:  TJMaxx, Homegoods, Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, Marshalls.

I shop at all of them, do you?  What items do you look for at these stores?

Esteemed Contributor

I visit my local TJ Maxx at least three times a month and always leave with a bag of great stuff. Mostly clothes, shoes, and jewelry.

My local one has a "Runway" section with all the designer stuff. I find really good (cheap!) designer jeans such as Rag and Bone, True Religeon, and Paige and nice separates from Vince, Theory, and Ralph Lauren. We also have a decent, though not awesome, shoe section that's about the quality of a good DSW with the usual labels, but at better prices. The jewelry section isn't what it was in the good old days, but I've found some really nice, simple gold and sterling pieces at okay prices. 

I wish all of these stores would have better lingerie sections!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

We only have a TJ Maxx on other side of town.  Would love to get a Home Goods, Burlington, Ross or Marshalls.  TJ is the best!  

Respected Contributor

I go in Burlington occasionally; that is the only store on the list I occasionally frequent.

Trusted Contributor

I'm always up for a trip to Marshalls, TJMaxx or HomeGoods. I never go looking for anything in particular but that's part of the fun. For the most part, I usually leave with something from their home department.

Respected Contributor

Home Goods is my happy place.

Honored Contributor

When I 'm able to get to TJ or Home Goods, it's the thrill of the hunt. I'm not looking for anything specific.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I'm a Home Goods shopper.  Our local store is nicely maintained, neat and well organized.

The local TJ Maxx and Burlington are awful.  They're pretty much junk stores here.  Don't know if they just aren't well staffed or don't care, but merchandise is always just helter-skelter, jumbled, on the floor everywhere and nobody is tidying up.  I used to check them out regularly, but found no matter when I went, they were that way.  As a result, most of the merchandise was dirty and/or damaged.

Honored Contributor

I've never been to a home goods.  Our TJ Maxx is a big mess of extremely inexpensive clothing and other items.  I once got a very nice handbag there but that was years ago.

I have bought some Ralph Lauren, Guess, and Michael Kors at Marshalls along with a few serving pieces, R Lauren bath towels and sheets.

Honored Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

stores:  TJMaxx, Homegoods, Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, Marshalls.

I shop at all of them, do you?  What items do you look for at these stores?

At TJmaxx I usually look for jewelry. Ross i look at purses and clothing.Smiley Happy