Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  Most of these dresses get a thumbs down from me.  There were a few that I really liked.  Honestly, these women could use YOUR help.  In the thread where a poster asked for your help for her daughter's wedding, you picked the nicest dresses.  I started "hearting" the ones I liked, but then realized I liked almost all of them.  

If I ever need help, I know where to come!  Love your taste in clothes!!

Super Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more about Helen Mirren. She always looks like a  stunning star, always in good taste. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

in case anyone is interested.....here are angelos (qvcs head stylist) top three:

The actress in green appears to have (terribly) uneven breasts.  It looks like something holding them up, slipped.

Trusted Contributor

Susan Sarandon sure likes to perk up the award shows.  Also pictured is her daughter,  Eva Amurri and son, Jack Robbins.

Proud mother: Susan also took her son, director Jack Robbins, left, as her date for the evening

Honored Contributor

i dont care for susan sarandons look......she would have looked nicer in a lace tank.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont care for susan sarandons look......she would have looked nicer in a lace tank.

I completely agree, the bra look without a shirt ... reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes. Second thought ... Maybe it is appropiate for the SAG awards.  lolSmiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I completely agree, the bra look without a shirt ... reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes. Second thought ... Maybe it is appropiate for the SAG awards.  lolSmiley Wink

is that supposed to get her noticed? She looks like an old lady who is trying too hard to be relevant. Now if she had talent like Helen Mirren then she wouldn't need to dress like this.

I only thought 2 dresses were kinda nice,. the blue one worn by Brie Larsen and the LV sequined colorblock worn by the Swedish girl. Both appropriate in this venue.

What I didn't like was that from everyone I saw they seemed so blah on the makeup, nude lips, too natural for an award show. I think all women look better with color on their lips and especially in front of a camera. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

My 3 pics in no particular order are Alicia Vikander  Helen Mirren and Rachel McAdams ...

Trusted Contributor

A couple more beautiful dresses Priyanka Chopra,  Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Viola Davis

Trusted Contributor

I'm quite surprised about these dresses.  Helen Mirren's dress is the best.  I don't recognize too many of the actresses except Claire Danes, Eva (my dear, the boob shot, I'm sure she'll be embarrassed), Susan Sarandon, NO her son is tall like his Dad, Tim Robbins.