Honored Contributor

Re: S Graver-What $1000 + coats in Vermont was she referring to?

Well........she wears Louboutin shoes.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Everything is "elevated" in SG world!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

It's not just Susan: Everything Isaac sells, to include his watches, boots, bags, clothes and even make up, is not only matchable to thousands, but better than others. 

Women's fashion, accessories is bought and paid for by designer names, so actually you're getting "closer" to what they're selling w/o a name. Everyone knows you pay big bucks for a name. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few coats from SG and they are really nice but were not worth any more than what I paid.  Her clothing is priced too high in my opinion for what you get but I have bought some of her things in the past.  I think she needs to freshen up the designs and fabrics. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We get a lot of Canadian shoppers in my border town...many coming down from Toronto, which is just as expensive and fashionable as Manhattan.

Last winter I noticed that many Americans in the mall wore North Face jackets, and the Canadians all had jackets with big patches on the arm. They are called Canada Goose and they cost A LOT. But even a nice Canada Goose jacket is about $800 - NOT over $1,000 for a car coat length.

Here's an example:

Victoria Parka Military Green

Respected Contributor

Obviously, some people who answered have never been to VT.  A lot of very wealthy people own chalets and ski lodges and weekend homes in VT and they are not wearing your average down jackets.  They are wearing expensive, high end, designer coats and jackets that go for $800 or $900.  There's one brand in particular that you see that crowd wearing but the name of the brand eludes me.  No doubt because they are out of my league.  You see them in the boutiques that sell the $900 cashmere turlenecks and men's cashmere scarves for $450.  

Trusted Contributor

She really flatters herself. Her clothes just aren't worth much

Esteemed Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

they are overstating things again. no coat in vermont is that much money. she needs more money to keep up with that house in vermont she owns. her clothes are not that great looks at the reviews. people are complaing about prices and quality. i would buy her items they are not for me. I want to buy this coat but for the price it is not worth it. not warm at all. if she lives in vermont she better get another coat her self from some place else. bought a great coat from lands end for almost the same price. all outerware at lands end is 50 precent off today. 

I also LUV to shop at Landsend and LLbean.

Valued Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

She really flatters herself. Her clothes just aren't worth much

AGREE. She actually thinks most of her clothing is comparable to high-end designers. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

Sounds like she was exaggerating...

Then those $1,000.00 plus for leather jackets must have been the same way.  But I saw and tried them on Nordstrom.  One leather jackets was going for $4,000.00.  Rag & Bone online was Over $1,000.00 for full length coats.  Burberry, etc.  This coat from Rag & Bone is over $3,000.00

MISTY COAT