Contributor

Re: Ryka - for crying out loud...figure out how to size a shoe!

Had a pair of Ryka's from years ago that fit.  I wore them out.  They finally came out with a new version of the shoe, so ordered it in my usual size, couldn't get my foot in it.  It was too short and not wide enough.  (8W)  Ordered again a 1/2 size larger and no luck.  I couldn't figure out if I should try to reorder to fix the width or the length!  I Then decided I shouldn't have to make that decision, shoes should fit according to the size listed.

Never ordered Rykas again.

Honored Contributor

I had to stop ordering shoes too because they really need to be tried on and that is just too costly at the Q.I go to the mall now and put the shoe salesperson through their paces and get what works for my feet.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I no longer buy shoes at the Q, although I love shoes. In Clarks alone, I take a 7, 7-1/2, or an 8. I have several pair of Ryka's, but it would just be a guess at the size. Sorry, I'm not interested in paying $12. to try on a pair of shoes.

shoekitty said

why is it I can order clarks, born and other shoes at Nordie or at the oulet and size 9 fits me, as it has for the last 20 years.  When I ordered  Clarks from QVC they were big, I had to send them back.  Since June I ordered 4 pairs of sandals, they all had to go back, and I LOVED them!  The 9 was huge and they don't size down in some, they are whole sizes!  I think the 9's they sell are the new 9-9.5 some designers are making.  Nordstrom notes when they are they are this new sizing.  I couldn't get these new sizes to work for me.  They size as an example, 8-8.5, 9-9.5  etc.  The smaller size is too small, the 9-9.5 is too big.

Regular Contributor

I gave up trying to find Ryka shoes that fit from the Q.  Ordered my size

several times, but they were too small - returned for larger size but were

too big.  Couldn't figure out what size I wore.

Just sent back a pair of Go-Walks.  Apparently, the different styles of

Go-walks are sized differently.  I own approx. 10 pr. of GW, but this latest

pair in the 7-1/2 that I always wear, were too small - my big toes were up

against the top of the shoe.  Measured them against the other pairs I

own, and they were 1/2" shorter!  Would expect that any Go-Walk would

be the same length.  Just spent $6.95 to send them back and

have nothing to show for my money.  Not buying any more shoes

without trying them on first!

Honored Contributor

Sketcher "go walks" are super inconsistent.  I do like them and own many pairs, but I wear an 8 or 8.5 and once a 9.  They also run wide so I have to try them on.  I have a medium foot.  They run, for the most part, short and wide.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I just sent the Clarks TSV back and I'm not willing to try another size nor another brand.  The Clark's were at least a 1/2 size too big and just loose, felt I would walk out of them.

That was at least  $10 error to receive and return and I think I learned my lesson at least for this year until I "forget" again next year and do the same.  I have so much confidence that I'm ordering correctly and they will fit only to be disappointed (again).   UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

@Gokimi you hit on why I have stopped buying shoes/boots from QVC. Ryka & Clark's used to be my go to choices and since I know my shoe size, I could pretty much always get a shoe that fit when I ordered.  Several years ago, that stopped being the case and with the policy of not refunding original shipping & charging full price for returning items - even when it is the manufacturer's fault that the sizing is not correct, well, I simply no longer buy from them. 

It annoys me because I really liked Ryka sneakers and I'll have to find another brand when the ones I have that do fit wear out.

Super Contributor

I just canceled my order for the Ryka TSV boots I ordered yesterday.  After reading comments that their sizing is all over the place, I decided I didn't want to deal with them not fitting and having to send them back. The last five or six pairs of shoes I ordered (Clarks and Earth brands) were either too large or too small.  This would have been my first pair of Rykas and although I thought they were cute enough to order, I'm not taking chances.  

Guess my shoe ordering days at QVC are over!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I skipped it.  Ryka still hasn't figured out how to size shoes.  The last Boot style sneaker they offered was a half a size smaller then my normal 8 W.  I just returned it fed up.

I just go to the shoe store now.  Rather dumb when you think about it.  Buying shoes you didn't try out first.