Valued Contributor

Re: Ruffled pant skirt on JT

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

And nobody I see let alone know wears sneakers with dresses.

@FranandZoe Well know you know one. *waves* And there's nothing wrong with it either.

@Cumbercookie13  -  I do, too!! Fire engine red Chuck Taylors.  I get lots of compliments but I wear them because I like them. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the need to post the mean comments about what people think are wrong or bad with certain parts of JT's physical anatomy!!!  Or any other other hosts for that matter.  I get it that there are often clothing items shown and modeled that we don't like or don't think are flattering and it's certainly fine to state this, but I don't think it's appropriate to make such snarky comments about a host's body.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I don't understand the need to post the mean comments about what people think are wrong or bad with certain parts of JT's physical anatomy!!!  Or any other other hosts for that matter.  I get it that there are often clothing items shown and modeled that we don't like or don't think are flattering and it's certainly fine to state this, but I don't think it's appropriate to make such snarky comments about a host's body.  

I would agree if we were talking about someone who was say a news anchor and was not trying to sell you the item she's wearing -  that clearly does not flatter her - by insisting that it does and that someone with her body type should absolutely buy it because it will make them look wonderful too.

She could easily have worn something else.  Surely they had something in the show that WOULD look good on her - and if not, then the stylists should have put her in some other Q item that DOES.

I've seen JT in cute items.  But this insistence that anybody can wear anything the Q sells is - as I said before - gaslighting.  And maybe someone needs to say the emperor's clothes don't fit - or flatter.

Valued Contributor

@Isobel Archer , I agree with you.  Personally, it's not what she wears but her coquettish posing and tinkerbelling around.  Honestly!

Contributor

I would never comment about how awful or unappealing a host looks in something based on their size/figure.  After all, who am I to judge?  The only thing that I find frustrating about JT is her mentioning that she wears a size XS on top and a size 8 on the bottom.  It makes it very difficult to decide what size to purchase based on their comments. I wish they would own up to their size and move on!

Trusted Contributor

@PJKuhnny wrote:

I would never comment about how awful or unappealing a host looks in something based on their size/figure.  After all, who am I to judge?  The only thing that I find frustrating about JT is her mentioning that she wears a size XS on top and a size 8 on the bottom.  It makes it very difficult to decide what size to purchase based on their comments. I wish they would own up to their size and move on!

I would never purchase a clothing item here without checking the size measurements listed under the description of each garment. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@PJKuhnny wrote:

She does not say she wears an XS on top; she usually says she is wearing a QVC size small in tops and a QVC size 8 on the bottom (whether people think what she wears fits her or not).

Trusted Contributor

I watched the video and I thought Jane looked cute in the gauzy pants and white jean jacket. Very cute, actually. Not a fan of the pants for myself, but they do look cool and comfy.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread I agree with you.  And,I wasn't horrified either.  It's not something that would have shocked or alarmed me, and looked like something very nice for certain times.

As to the mean comments, I regularly see very popular female performers and athletes in skimpy or not-much-there clothing these days who have far larger backsides and thighs than Jane who exercise far more than Jane, make a zillion dollars more than Jane, and are praised and admired for their shapes.

So what is going on here?   

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JamandBread I agree with you.  And,I wasn't horrified either.  It's not something that would have shocked or alarmed me, and looked like something very nice for certain times.

As to the mean comments, I regularly see very popular female performers and athletes in skimpy or not-much-there clothing these days who have far larger backsides and thighs than Jane who exercise far more than Jane, make a zillion dollars more than Jane, and are praised and admired for their shapes.

So what is going on here?   

@Sooner I just told my bff that post menopausal women get no respect. It's as if you are ok as long as your bust to waist ratio is 2-1. Once it hits 2-3 you're doomed.

Jane has aged, like us all! But she's doing it on tv. I thought the outfit was cute and she looked stylish. The pants- eh..but funny enough, I saw some young women using similar drawstring gauzy pants as a bikini cover up at the beach.