Super Contributor

Re: Royal Family on Christmas Day

Just read article today about her penchant for vegan shoes, handbags, and outerwear. Talking out of both sides of her mouth. Guess it depends who she is talking to. . . Nice values the newest Royal family has. . .knows how to play the game.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I collect handbags, mainly vintage.   Meghans is a new similar style. Very vintage!!!I have that exact handbag made by dorset-rex or rex-dorset (they used both labels lol). Mine is made of gross grain file'. I think that's the fabric.  it is from about 1934-1942. I bought it in 1991 and wore it quite a bit until I had hinge trouble, so I put it away.  Mine did have the mirror, but also a pocket on one side with a small comb.  In those days this would have definitely been a "cocktail" handbag.  I love the structured handbags and handles.  I got so many raves when I wore my vintage and antique handbags out.  Cocktail bags were my favorite.  I have many in bakelite, lucite and metal.  The ones I love open to have a place for smokes, a slot for 2 dimes and a nickel (enough for a phone call and a street car if you needed to ditch a date), a comb and many have a slot for lipstick in the metal tube and powder.and puff.  

By the way these two young princesses are extraordinarily beautiful, classy, warm and very relatable women.  To just endure the criticism, the horrible barbs and to say silent shows how classy they are.  And that queen!!! Omg, she is a striking woman herself and I love her outfits.  She knows how to dress for sure. I love her use of color!

Valued Contributor

@GraceLady wrote:

@lmt wrote:

<<Anne still appears posess the lovely figure shes always had.  I've wondered why she so often, seemed to favor, dowsy, matronly looks.  She could have rocked high fashion!>>

@SuhseK  Anne does have a nice figure, but she's never been a clothes horse. It's been said that she's very thrifty when it comes to her wardrobe and is known to pull out an outfit from 30 years ago and wear it. I guess she wears what she likes and is comfortable in. Some of her older clothes are classic and have held up over time, other items......maybe not so much.

Related image

Image result for princess anne recycles a coat from charles wedding

Image result for princess anne recycles outfits

Image result for princess anne's recycled outfits

Image result for princess anne recycles outfits

Thanks for sharing this.  There was a time when Anne was very fashionable.  I don't know why she just gave up.  I think this is beyond thrifty.  It does not cost money to change your hair style.  

Her choice of clothing is a MAJOR fashion FAIL. Her "do"is a LOL!!!

Valued Contributor

@colover wrote:

Yeah I thought she was vegan too????n Hmm. . .surely all the shoes and bags can't be vegan?  Gold digger!

MAJOR gold digger.

Trusted Contributor

Everyone looks nice. Kate is a wow! SO regal!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kate and Meghan have very different futures. Kate is the future Queen Consort of England as William will become King.  If Meghan is dressing low key, she is being smart.  The future is William and Kate.

Queen Elizabeth II looks sensational in her pale gray and cherry red ensemble.  Long Live Queen Elizabeth.

Honored Contributor

Loved the photos and they all looked lovely and very Merry.

I hope they had a blessed Christmas together.

I suppose in this vast world there are such people as "gold diggers" just like there is without a doubt "Pot Stirrers." 

Who the heck is Garry?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@GraceLady wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think they all look great.  

I would really love to see Princess Ann do something with her hair.  Not even cut it necessarily; just change it.  That pulled-back, French twist look ages her.  She wears it that way in every picture I see of her.  Some hair around her face would soften her look.

And yes, I realize she doesn't care what I think, and it's not my head, and I should consider a new hobby.

@faeriemoon   I wonder whether Anne's pulled-back hair has to do with her being an equestrian and that may just be a practical way to wear it (and she just does that, whether or not she's riding horses!)    Like you, I think she should change her hairdo.  

If Anne's hair had anything to do with riding, I would think she would just pull it back when she rides.  I suppose she has settled into a comfortable rut.

Shoekittysaid

I think Anne screams practical.  She is also a creatire of habit and not one to spend  time and money worrying about hairstyles and wardrobe.  Lol.. Just my opinion, but it seems that way the last 50 years I have read about her.

Respected Contributor

Give Meghan a break.  She is pregnant.  I think Navy Blue is okay.  When Kate was pregnant, she wore dark colors also.