Honored Contributor

Re: Royal Family at Commonwealth Service

@lmt wrote:

Leaving the service .....

The Queen followed by the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex at the Commonwealth Service

Queen Elizabeth II and the Prince of Wales leaving after the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey today

The Queen and Anthony Joshua

@lmt 

Goodness, that man sure makes the Queen look even shorter!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

William and Kate chat with Edward and Sophie as Harry and Meghan sit behind at Westminster Abbey this afternoon

Harry to Meghan, "I warned you, don't you dare cause a scene" and to himself, who are you?

That is some look Harry is giving to Meghan for whatever reason.  I may have to save this one.  I cannot wait to see what happens once this month is behind us. 

@beckyb1012 

I thought the same thing! Funny how that 'we're so in love' honeymoon look they've been wearing is gone from this picture, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

The Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex sit behind the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today

William and Kate chat with Edward and Sophie as Harry and Meghan sit behind at Westminster Abbey this afternoon

Poor Harry looks so unhappy in both photos to me, I feel bad for him, but he made a choice......

Honored Contributor

From what I've been reading, Sophie & Edward have really stepped up in helping the Queen with 'royal appearances', so kudos to them!

At her age (and Prince Phillip's age), I would bet that she wishes she could slow down.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I'm curious. How do you personally know that much about William and his being "insincerely friendly" toward his brother? Are you close friends? Just wondering! Such insight!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I, too,  feel sorry for  Harry in that this trip home - after being in his new venture for  a few weeks, has shown him what he has given up especially the protection of his family.

Harry has always needed people there for him   - particularly his brother - always in the background but always available to him  - now it is Meghan hence all the public hand holding, patting on the back and arm hanging on to - hope this works for him in the future.  

There have been lots of photos with him beaming but also some where he is looking truly sad not publicised so much.  Yes it is sad for Harry.

Respected Contributor

Catherine Walker bespoke berry red coat with double-breasted front, a fitted bodice that flares into a full skirt, contrast velvet collar, cuffs and flap pockets as well as velvet covered buttons. Previously worn Christmas Day 2018.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge leaving after the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in London today

Sally-Ann Provan flowered fascinator.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

Gianvito Rossi Burgundy Suede Pumps.

Gianvito Rossi Gianvito 105 Royale Burgundy Suede Pumps

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Pearlee I'm curious. How do you personally know that much about William and his being "insincerely friendly" toward his brother? Are you close friends? Just wondering! Such insight!

There's a reason why tabloid publications do so well. Sad

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  The man the Queen is speaking to is international boxing champion and Olympic gold medallist Anthony Joshua who delivered a reflection at the service. Standing at 6ft 6in tall, Joshua towered over the diminutive monarch during their brief conversation.

Standing at 6ft 6in tall, charming Joshua towered over the diminutive 5ft 4in monarch during their brief conversation

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@KingstonsMom   I, too,  feel sorry for  Harry in that this trip home - after being in his new venture for  a few weeks, has shown him what he has given up especially the protection of his family.

Harry has always needed people there for him   - particularly his brother - always in the background but always available to him  - now it is Meghan hence all the public hand holding, patting on the back and arm hanging on to - hope this works for him in the future.  

There have been lots of photos with him beaming but also some where he is looking truly sad not publicised so much.  Yes it is sad for Harry.

@dulwich 

I so agree, all of the grinning and staring adoringly at each other, just seemed to be made for photo ops to me, it just looked so 'forced'.

Harry's military service was very important to him and really helped him grow out of his 'wild child' days, running around a Vegas hotel room naked, while someone recorded it on video.

I think he's truly sad to lose his some of his military affiliations.

sad-face-with-tears-smiley-emoticon.gif