Honored Contributor

Re: Royal Family at Commonwealth Service

Yes, Meghan does look to be tightly wrapped; maybe it's just a bad shot.  Harry is fine but forgot to wear a belt - happens sometimes to the best of them.

Camilla looks nice - I like the color and style of her dress  It's nice to see the family together again.  Were Ann and Andrew there?

Honored Contributor

OMG Willam's facial expression as he is entering says: "I'm really dreading this."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

Kate seems to have a lot of coats in that style.

Indeed she does. Several of the family members have somewhat "signature" looks.

Honored Contributor

All the women look amazingly stunning.  I love the color Meghan chose but I like Sophie and Camilla's outfits the best.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr I read that Andrew wasn't going.
Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone watching the CNN series the history of the royal family in the 20th and 21st centuries? It's quite revealing about how conservative they are, especially the queen, who resisted change until she absolutely had to. Their prohibition against divorce and marrying a commoner gave so many royals miserable marriages. I didn't envy any of them. By the way, Kate is the only one whose clothes fit her properly. She has a model's very slim figure so she wears clothes well. All the others have ill-fitting, unflattering outfits.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@Sooner. Camilla, like most English women I see in photos including the Queen, needs a much better bra with some lift. I think she usually looks nice but could look much better with a better bra.

@Somertime. About your tie comment, I think Harry is simply rejecting all things Windsor! 😉

but i note he has his black wingtips on.  at least they look like wingtips. ha!

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Oh now that I see Sophie's outfit up close it looks like she is a nurse!

LOL . . . you should be one of those runway commentators.  I also didn't love the close up.  

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Is anyone watching the CNN series the history of the royal family in the 20th and 21st centuries? It's quite revealing about how conservative they are, especially the queen, who resisted change until she absolutely had to. Their prohibition against divorce and marrying a commoner gave so many royals miserable marriages. I didn't envy any of them. By the way, Kate is the only one whose clothes fit her properly. She has a model's very slim figure so she wears clothes well. All the others have ill-fitting, unflattering outfits.

@Vivian  Yes, I'm watching. It's very interesting and I'm enjoying it very much.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional 

I agree with you about Kate and her Walker coats, they really accentuate her figure, especially her tiny waist!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.