Esteemed Contributor

Re: Royal Family at Commonwealth Service

According to The Daily Mail, Sophie wore the Suzannah "Evangeline" dress ($2422.85).

"We previously spotted Sophie wearing this gorgeous Suzannah dress at Royal Ascot last June which didn’t look out of place then and certainly didn’t for this event. To complete the look, she’s slipped on black pumps and a navy fascinator and accessorized with her Beauchamps of London ‘Codrington’ clutch."

7c2b255133ae36fad551f0f1d839097a.jpg

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan Thanks for keeping the thread on track.  It's easy to get distracted.  I know that I'm guilty of that as well!

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

A private phone conversation between two adults that was hacked and leaked to the public and photo of a private moment between two adults in the privacy of a rented vacation home that was taken with a telephoto lens and leaked on line is an entirely different matter than the actions taken by Harry and Meghan.  Charles and Fergie were not public they were ill gotten from the privacy of their home.

Harry and Meghan have made public statements regarding their positions as members of the Royal Family.

The comparisons are not equal meaning they should not be equated.

My thoughts exactly when I read the post about Charles and Fergie.  They were not hurtful and so public about it. It was not pretty but is was certainly not done with intent.  Excellent point @Somertime 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

According to The Daily Mail, Sophie wore the Suzannah "Evangeline" dress ($2422.85).

"We previously spotted Sophie wearing this gorgeous Suzannah dress at Royal Ascot last June which didn’t look out of place then and certainly didn’t for this event. To complete the look, she’s slipped on black pumps and a navy fascinator and accessorized with her Beauchamps of London ‘Codrington’ clutch."

7c2b255133ae36fad551f0f1d839097a.jpg

I often like Sophie's choices, though they don't always seem to be a good match for her body type... Regardless, she picks interesting and appealing clothing and never looks like you'd see her choices coming and going. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I found some more info about Meghan's green outfit from The Sun.  Wow, this is an expensive outfit!

"And Meghan, 38, decided to push the boat out when it came to her style swan song, wearing an-all designer outfit with an estimated cost of almost £11,000.

The stunning green dress is by one of Kate Middleton’s favourite designers Emilia Wickstead.

Always a stickler for coordination Meg paired her dress with a hat of the same shade by milliner William Chambers.

Again she had the hat custom made to match her outfit, but similar styles are available to buy at Harrods for the princely sum of £630.

She could be seen carrying a dark green Demi satin tote by designer Gabriela Hearst which comes with a price tag of £1,519.

Unsurprisingly Meghan relied on an old favourite when it came to her shoes, opting for a pair of nude court heels by Aquazzura.

The brand has proven a popular choice during Meghan’s time as a royal and pairs in different shades can be purchased for £440.

While Meghan’s dress is bespoke, the caped shoulder design was inspired by a blue wool jumpsuit by the brand costing £1,450.":

NINTCHDBPICT000569608956.jpg

SMH... All that for an outfit she'll probably rarely if ever wear again, to attend an event she didn't want to attend and on the heels of the two of them supposedly seeking 'financial independence'... I hope she sent her father in law a thank you note...

Honored Contributor

And think how many people that cost have fed in
the world if she truly, sincerely wanted to do good.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

I stand by my statement that anything that some may accuse Meghan and Harry of is no where near as offensive and disrespectful of tradition any tradition as what Prince Charles and Sarah Ferguson did. But then maybe my idea of respectability and  decorum is not the same as other's ideas. Topless toe sucking and tampon talk between middle aged individuals not withstanding. 

Oh, there are clear differences... Charles and Fergie's antics boil down to adults in relationships behaving badly... Sordid, tacky and potentially hurtful, but similar instances have happened day in and day out everywhere on earth since the dawn of time... Meanwhile, there's Harry and Meghan, their non-stop whining like a couple of teens, their apparent expectation that they be Teflon and that nothing bad ever be said about them... The reality that they want to continue to collect their 'due' from Charles, but not work for it... That it long seemed they wanted to 'be' royal, but not have to act royal... The fact that in their haste to launch themselves they stepped all over the toes of the rest of the family and created more work for those that remain... The fact that on the one hand they claim to want to be 'financially indepenedent' but on the other hand it would appear she spends like a fiend on clothes, accessories and jewelry... The fact they they would appear to often talk out of both sides of their mouths with respect to the priorities and principles they theoretically hold dear, and, among other things, the fact that they seem content to live off the largesse of others because they're just such darned legends in their own minds...

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I thought that green ensemble was very unattractive...the cape was odd, and the hat looked dowdy.  Meaghan is an attractive woman....I've seen her look a LOT better in different choices.  She (well, SOMEONE!) paid a lot of money for a not-so- great look.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I thought that green ensemble was very unattractive...the cape was odd, and the hat looked dowdy.  Meaghan is an attractive woman....I've seen her look a LOT better in different choices.  She (well, SOMEONE!) paid a lot of money for a not-so- great look.

And for yet another ill-fitted ensemble that struck me as being at least a bit over the top. given the venue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

And for yet another ill-fitted ensemble that struck me as being at least a bit over the top. given the venue.

I think she probably felt pressure to look especially good for their last hurrah.  The blue dress was beautiful, but there were complaints about the fit; the red gown was gorgeous, but there were complaints about that one as well.  Unfortunately, the green dress wasn't the best choice, and as the last public appearance ensemble, it will probably be the one that people remember.

I wish them the best, but I wish even more that they had stuck it out a little longer before throwing in the towel.  I think the dust would have settled.

I also think that if their goal is to do as much good in the world as possible, there was no better avenue toward that end than the one they had.