Honored Contributor

Re: Royal Family at Commonwealth Service

@alicedee, yes I wrote my opinion of the outfit earlier in this thread...it is about the same as yours.

@stevieb. Her hypocrisy is monumental. I've posted this before but she claims to be such a great feminist yet in that "tone deaf"ITV interview from S. Africa she stated as part of her sympathy ploy how especially hard it was for her having just given birth and "being a woman you know..."
You can't have it both ways, Meghan. A feminist doesn't play the "poor me" gender card when it suits her.

Esteemed Contributor

Fortunately we don't have to rely on mainstream media anymore. You tubers have actual full video with sound to show what is really going on with this couple. I thought they were okay until actual tax payers in the UK went online to give their side and how they feel about everything. As far as fashion goes (the original thread post) Meghan is wearing more British designers this trip and even that has been a bone of contention. Why didn't she wear them more and have her look more polished when she was Royal?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

When I thought about the last couple of outfits Meghan wore--the red one and the green one--it made me think there must be some truth to those rumors about her wanting to be in a super hero movie because they both have a cape-like feature.   🤔

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan. I made that very same point early on this thread!😄
Valued Contributor

Meghan's dress & hat look like something Wallis Simpson would have worn.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy. I haven't seen photos of Wallis in ill-fitting clothes.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@alicedee, yes I wrote my opinion of the outfit earlier in this thread...it is about the same as yours.

@stevieb. Her hypocrisy is monumental. I've posted this before but she claims to be such a great feminist yet in that "tone deaf"ITV interview from S. Africa she stated as part of her sympathy ploy how especially hard it was for her having just given birth and "being a woman you know..."
You can't have it both ways, Meghan. A feminist doesn't play the "poor me" gender card when it suits her.

@Pearlee Don't get me started on the phrase "as a woman". . . 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
And think how many people that cost have fed in
the world if she truly, sincerely wanted to do good.

@Pearlee To me, that's not a fair comment.  I think that could apply to a lot of us QVC and other place shoppers and consumers. 

I am not without guilt on that one I will admit. 

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee I just meant the style, it kind of has a '30s vibe to it.

Esteemed Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee I just meant the style, it kind of has a '30s vibe to it.

I see what you mean @tipsy .  I thought the hat and dress had kind of an old Hollywood look.  I remember seeing pictures of Grace Kelly, for example, wearing a hat with a veil.