Respected Contributor

Re: Royal Ascot Horse Race Fashions

A rainbow hat brings a splash of colour

A glamorous pair of racegoers decked out in floral frocks enjoy a chilled glass of rose on a bench as they watch the day's events

Getting some tips? A man smartly dressed in a suit and tie flicks through a newspaper as they action kicks off at Ascot

Hats off to them! A feathered creation

Taking some time out: a racegoer dressed in an elegant floral lace pink gown with a matching wide brim hat enjoys a quiet moment on a bench

Respected Contributor

Finishing touch: Whether they were in understated shades of neutral or vibrant colours, hats turned heads at Ascot

Francesca Cumani, in her Trevor Morgan hat, strolls around the race course on the second day of Royal Ascot

A stylishly dressed couple look enamoured by the racing as it gets underway at Royal Ascot this afternoon

The weekend kicked off early for these racegoers who helped themselves to a refreshing glass of vino while watching the races

Lady in red! A female reveller sported an eye-catching top hat adorned with flowers and netting to match her scarlet and white polka dot frock

Splash of colour! The Tootsie Rollers added rainbow-coloured hats and headpieces to top off their monochrome looks

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

What fun to see these out of the ordinary fashions (I'd skip the feathers, but that's just me). 

Seems many favor bright red lipstick.

Most of the men look sharp...love top hats!

Esteemed Contributor

There are some really beautiful fashions and then there are some that are not (IMHO).  I think that's about the best I've ever seen Camilla look.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Sophie always looks amazing.

Camilla sticks to what works for her.  She always looks beautiful.

Respected Contributor

It looks like a really fun day out.

So nice to see the event wasn't canceled this year. I always look forward to the fashions!!

Honored Contributor

Oh @lmt your photos take me back to our pre-covid days and all the royal events you posted.  Seems so long ago and so nice take a view in your camera so to speak. Heart That pink hat in one of the posts looks like a pillow my dear granddaughter has on her bed. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

The Brits are big on hats but some of the women are dressed horribly including their hat.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Their Royal Ascot must be like our Kentucky Derby.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw well I guess it's all perspective. I love wearing hats and although mine are not as bold as some of those hats, I enjoy seeing them.

I have an aqua blue hat that has an abundance of ostritch feathers on it. I wore it for church on Easter Sunday one year. It took about half an hour before my brother finally turned to me and asked if I could have found one with "more" feathers.