Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Iwantcoffee The 2nd dark haired woman's outfit is darling, I love it!

Holly's is the prettiest ! The blonde girl.

Honored Contributor

It seems that Royal Ascot fashion is much more high-end than that at the Kentucky Derby.  Just my impression from photos; I've never actually attended either event.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It seems that Royal Ascot fashion is much more high-end than that at the Kentucky Derby.  Just my impression from photos; I've never actually attended either event.

@ValuSkr 

I think they are entirely two different kinds of events.  I would not expect them to be anything, at all, alike except that ladies wear hats for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know who she is, but this outfit appeals to me very much.  Perhaps it's because of the matching floral blouse and boots.  That's rather unique.  

Honored Contributor

According to Hello Canada Carole is wearing Kate's dress.  The men at Ascot should have taken most of those women by the hand and helped them dress.  Some ladies appear comical while all the men are spot on in style.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/royal-style/20220614142915/kate-middleton-mum-carole-middleton...

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I love it! I especially love the hats!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Princess Diana's nieces look really pretty!

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

According to Hello Canada Carole is wearing Kate's dress.  The men at Ascot should have taken most of those women by the hand and helped them dress.  Some ladies appear comical while all the men are spot on in style.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/royal-style/20220614142915/kate-middleton-mum-carole-middleton...

That's not how I interpreted the article. The quotes imply to me that they each bought the same dress style in the same color -- "The dress had already been seen within the Middleton family, as Kate wore the exact same one, and in the same colour, during her royal tour of Scotland with Prince William last year." Why would they emphasize that Kate's dress was "in the same colour" if they were literally wearing the same dress?

Esteemed Contributor

This is the only outfit of them all I like.  I can't with those fascinators.  I just can't.  White pantyhose on another with a nice white dress.  This is a very formal affair, obviously.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Regular Contributor

Re: Royal Ascot Fashion

[ Edited ]

I am the "former poster" referred to in a previous post.  I posted the picture of Carole Middleton wearing the pink dress. The UK site indicated it was the same dress the Duchess wore previously.  Whether or not it is Kate's dress or one her mother purchased is debatable.  I think it's odd that Mrs. M would buy (and wear to such a public event) the same dress her daughter was photographed in last year.

The side by side pictures remind me of the "Who wore it best?" pictures you see in some of the US tabloids.