Esteemed Contributor

Re: Royal Ascot Fashion

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

from what i have seen, she looks like she is indulging in "dress- up"  right now. her dress at the family wedding last week (see pic posted above)  seemed to be wearing her. i don't sense she has found her style in this new world of higher necklines and longer hemlines.  she seems to relish the world of fashion and is wearing top designers. i'll know she is comfortable in her look when she repeats an outfit.

Honored Contributor

.facebook_1529512948434.jpg 

The Look of Love 

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

The Duchess of Sussex wears a Givenchy shirt dress and Philip Treacy hat at Royal Ascot - AFP

I love the hat but the dress is dreadful. It's ill fitting.  If you look at the shoulder seam, it droops off her shoulders.  The hem is so voluminous for her tiny lower legs and ankles.

So many were predicting the newest royal's wardrobe would outshine Duchess Kate.  Not even close.

I don't think the shoulders look too big. If anything, there appears to be a little extra fabric through the torso/waistline. I think we also have to take into account that in some of these photos, people are moving, so garments may not look exactly as they would in a posed, still photo (seams may appear puckered or crooked, etc. -- you know, the things that happen when we reach or turn or walk). Personally, I very much dislike comparisons between Meghan and Kate.

Honored Contributor

I am no fashionista although I do believe I have a discerning eye and I thought Beatrice and Eugenie looked much better than usual.  I 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They all look amazing.  Even Princess Anne!

@chrystaltree  Princess Anne is always well dressed.  You may not like what the royals wear but Princess Anne is always elegant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

.facebook_1529512948434.jpg 

The Look of Love 

@Sweet_Serenity  I love it too.  That's some really expensive beverage ware . It is real silver, not sterling or plated. 

Uh oh.  I just realized you were talking about Harry looking at Meghan...I thought you mean Meghan looking at the coffee/tea set.

Honored Contributor

Kate is still on maternity leave.  Don't know where William was.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

They all look amazing.  Even Princess Anne!

@chrystaltree  Princess Anne is always well dressed.  You may not like what the royals wear but Princess Anne is always elegant.

We must be talking about two different Princess Anne's....lol

Honored Contributor

Seems like Royal Ascot is more about fashion than horse racing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment