Trusted Contributor

Re: Royal Ascot Fashion

[ Edited ]

IMG_3630.JPG

The couple riding in the coach at Royal Ascot with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, who is the youngest son of the queen, and his wife, Sophie, Countess of  Wessex. 

It it seems all the Royals, with the exception of the queen, have to wear the name badges, which apparently are color coded according to whether they are in the "Royal Enclosure", "Royal Box", etc. Lots of speculation on Twitter as to why Meghan did not put her badge on. I'd assume she did not want to damage the fabric of her dress. 

When I was in retail, the were so many complaints from associates about that very subject of name badges. The store finally started providing name badges with magnets that wouldn't damage fabric. 

Respected Contributor

To me it looks like a UFO landed on her head and she doesn't look too thrilled haha

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

Love the hat!

The woman in that 2nd picture- one of Diana's sisters? looks like she is having a time keeping her hat on and waving at the same time.

My sister and I used to practice and make fun of the Royal Wave!

It does get kind of stuffy looking.

And we should be so honored to be waved at by all these Royals?

Sorry I guess that is "snarky" but all the waves just started to make me feel that way.

@on the bay
Isn't that Prince Edwards wife in the second picture? Oops, sorry, I see this was already posted.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
Posted that from my phone and it doesn't seem to be working. You can find the dress code on the official royal ascot site.

@Greeneyedlady21,

I couldn't find anything that said women could'nt wear sleeveless. Is that right?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to say, Meghan seems to has captured the affection of the royal family. It's heartwarming to see. It's also nice to see them all looking so happy and content, especially Prince Harry. 

Love the hat, it has a sort of retro Parisian vibe. I kinda like her better in the bigger hats like this, with more detailing on them. Feeling so so about the dress, but I love the hemline. 

IMG_3629.JPG 

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3643.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

Honored Contributor

she looks much more at ease, happier, and care free in those photos

Honored Contributor

I think this is the nicest I have ever seen Prince Andrew's daughters' ever look. The certainly  look 'as if someone who is in the know' helped them. I think they look wonderful

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Duchess of Sussex wears a Givenchy shirt dress and Philip Treacy hat at Royal Ascot - AFP

I love the hat but the dress is dreadful. It's ill fitting.  If you look at the shoulder seam, it droops off her shoulders.  The hem is so voluminous for her tiny lower legs and ankles.

So many were predicting the newest royal's wardrobe would outshine Duchess Kate.  Not even close.

Honored Contributor

I love the dress and hat!  It is elegant, and looks like an homage to the 1920-30's when women were coming into their own fashion wise.  I like the simple and elegant look.  I think it is just perfect for the venue. 

It certainly makes a marked departure from the Hollywood flash and trash look so popular in this country.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So very glad chose to visit [The Royal Family Channel] and see..

Duke and Duchess of Sussex present the Ascot trophy. 

Looking here at the dress isn't the same as seeing live. 

In this case, pictures don't show the beauty up-close and personal does. 

Love the entire ensemble! Not one who cares for handkerchief hems. 

In this case modern, with a touch of vintage vibe, Indeed wonderful..

Rewatching several times, incredible execution of understated elegance.

Bravo! The hat is perfectly delicious. Duke and Duchess have arrived. 

Best is yet to come. Keep watching! Monarchy hit the jackpot. Woman Very Happy