Respected Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

I am the "former poster" referred to in a previous post.  I posted the picture of Carole Middleton wearing the pink dress. The UK site indicated it was the same dress the Duchess wore previously.  Whether or not it is the Kate's dress or one her mother purchased is debatable.  I think it's odd that Mrs. M would buy (and wear to such a public event) the same dress her daughter was photographed in last year.

The side by side pictures remind me of the "Who wore it best?" pictures you see in some of the US tabloids.

The article at which I looked was talking about the designer, and how the brand seems to be a favorite of the Middleton women. Apparently Pippa wore another style by the same designer to an event recently. I don't in any way mean to be critical of Kate's mother, but I find it very hard to believe that she would fit into Kate's actual dress.

Regular Contributor

Today

royal ascot 2022  friday

Kate arrived at the Royal Ascot wearing a glamorous white and brown polka dot Alessandra Rich dress paired with a matching hat and pumps. She finished her look with diamond and pearl drop earrings that belonged to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana.

Honored Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

Today

royal ascot 2022  friday

Kate arrived at the Royal Ascot wearing a glamorous white and brown polka dot Alessandra Rich dress paired with a matching hat and pumps. She finished her look with diamond and pearl drop earrings that belonged to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana.

Always looks like a model with the facial expression of the regal.

Honored Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

Carole Middleton wore her daughter's dress to Royal Ascot.  Personally I think it is not a good look on her.

My daughters have borrowed my clothes but I have never borrowed their clothes. (and they aren't the future queen)

Carole Middleton wears Kate's dress

If you look carefull, the dress Kate is wearing has a vetical piece on the top that has a braided look to it, while the mom's does not. Also, you see a disjoint in the seams on the top and bottom of mom's dress.  It may be where it has been altered and bigger pieces added for more room--like replacing the patterned or braided top vertical section.

To me, mom's dress looks like a cheaper knockoff, and seems to be a different color, although one may have been in very different lighting or photoshopped.