Respected Contributor

Princess Anne's husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence and Prince Andrew.

The monarch was joined in her carriage by her son Prince Andrew (right) and Princess Anne's husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence (left)

Mike and Zara Tyndall

Zara, whose striking gown featured a high neck design with a ruffle trim, took her former rugby player husband's arm as the pair did the rounds on the paddock

Peter and Autumn Phillips

This is Autumn and Peter Phillips' first day at this year's Ascot festival, and the elegant pair complimented each other perfectly, with Peter opted for a shirt and tie that tied in with his wife's colour scheme

Respected Contributor

sophie-wessex-jumpsuit

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, looked every inch the elegant royal in a blue jumpsuit and netted hat - keeping her make-up natural with a slick of dark pink lipstick

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, looked every inch the elegant royal in a blue jumpsuit and netted hat - keeping her make-up natural with a slick of dark pink lipstick

Frankie receives a peck on the cheek from Sophie Wessex after winning the Ribblesdale Stakes

Respected Contributor

Pictured: The Queen and Princess Anne

The Princess Royal arrives at Ascot

The Princess Royal looked a picture of elegance in a mint green coat with a silk dress and a traditional hat worn slightly to the side

Princess Anne carries her umbrella close, just in case

The Princess Royal looked to be thoroughly enjoying her time at the races today, scouring the programme for her favourites

Esteemed Contributor

Anne looks older than the queen.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

While I adore the hats, I worry about the source for all those feathers.

Just me...but I cannot look at them without the thought of where they came from naturally.Cat Sad

Valued Contributor

Princess Anne looks prettier and softer than she did a few days ago when she was in all browns.

Where's Kate?

Queen looks lovely and happy.  She just keeps going and going!  And guess that's why she keeps going!!

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

the Queen and Princess AnneQueen in carriage

I just look to see their hats. Who designs these monstrositys? How do they stay on.? So glad we got away from hats in America. It's like our Kentucky Derby, you have to have the dumbest hat on. A good wind would make them all frisby"s.

Honored Contributor

The dress code was amended to allow jumpsuits in 2017. Sophie's was designed by Emilia Wickstead.

Sophie wore this EW design last year to Ascot. It looks like a dress but it's a jumpsuit.

sophie-countess-of-wessex-attends-royal-ascot-day-2-at-news-photo-979430150-1561065229.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

That teal blue is Eugenie's color and I LOVE her hat!

Honored Contributor

My hat's off to Frankie Dettori, still riding races at 48.