Honored Contributor

@dex No, I didn't detect any chemical smell. In fact, I just now picked them up and stuck my nose in the middle of both of them! LOL!! No smell. I thought maybe you meant something like when I was in the western area of China (Tibet) where there was a distinct smell of yak butter burning as incense. And in the eastern area of China, they burn a lot of incense at the temples, which can be quite strong if you aren't used to it. But, if I didn't know better, these items could have come from anywhere in the United States.

I did notice that neither of them have the information on them on how to wash (cold, hot, dry clean, lay flat, etc.). They both just have the size on the item; no instructions for care. No return information, which may be on the website.

I am going to run them thru an initial cool water rinse and line dry, and hope they hold up! ha! But that is what I normally do with new clothes no matter where I get them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rotita Fashions

[ Edited ]

@wilma  That is how I became aware of them.....pop-up ads. Those kind of ads always irritate me because they sometimes get in the way of looking at what I want to see. ha! But they really caught my eye this time.

The prices are really, really good. Many of them are around $25-35. The total for the two to get them to me was $55, $3.03 of which was shipping insurance. It was done thru PayPal.

I just now checked the details online for my account, and the red sweater item I got was part of their Flash Sale, which is not covered by their Return and Exchange Policy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Rotita Fashions

[ Edited ]

Oh, and one other thing I thought of. There is NO brand name on either piece. Just a very tiny tag that gives the size. Makes me wonder if this place makes the clothes for other companies, which in turn put their labels on them and mark them up.

Or, perhaps they are overstock items from a manufacturer and never made it to a "brand" company for resale.

Here is what their site says:

Rotita is your global online destination that delivers some of today's most exciting and edgy fashion apparel. For thousands of fashion-forward girls, we are the one-stop fashion mecca for devotees of trendy apparel and swank accessories. With free shipping on every item you see, enjoy cutting edge retail fashion that's ahead of the curve and at wholesale prices.

Top 3 reasons to shop with us: We have an extensive and growing selection of high quality products. New products are sourced and added every day on Rotita. Our innovative marketing department constantly searches for the very latest in popular fashion clothing on the market to attract and satisfy the broad demand of our customer base. There is a huge range of products with different styles for you to choose.

Factory Low Price: Due to our extensive and strong relationships that have been developed with manufacturers here and abroad, we are able to supply our customers with high quality products at low factory prices. We are totally committed to working with business wholesalers all over the world. If you are interested in our products, please feel free to contact us at any time. We are confident that you will enjoy all the great products available at wholesale prices.

Fast Shipping/Professional Packaging: We are able to offer world-class shipping options through our long-term partnerships with UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other major carriers. Professional warehouse personnel will take good care of your orders by making sure they are packed in accordance with our rigorous standards. Your products will be carefully checked and securely packed before shipping out.

Best Customer Service: We value our relationship with customers like you, so our professional customer service team is always available to help you. We are constantly adding new products and we make sure that all our staff are well trained in the latest trends and offerings. A 12-hour live chat service is available for all your inquiries. Your satisfaction is our top priority.

Honored Contributor

Okay, so I decided to EXCHANGE the black and white top since it was just a tad tight. Here is what you can expect if you exchange/return an item. 

So far the process to exchange is easy, but even though you have 30 days, flash sale products and jewelry are not covered by warranty. Returns must be received in new condition; unused, unworn, unwashed. Items returned with obvious use, makeup, deodorant, perfume, or similar product stains will be subject to refusal. QVC's policy allows you to wear, wash, etc.

I took the top to the post office just now and paid $4.81. Rotita specifically tells you NOT to require a signature, but you have to make sure you give them the tracking number. You pay for the return to them, any way you want; and they pay for the new exchanged item back to you.

You send the return to New Jersey, not back to China. Don't know yet if the exchanged top will come from China or from New Jersey.

Respected Contributor

IMO: The black point is in a rather ackward looking area of one's body. Not an area I'd want to emphasize.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  Thank goodness you didn’t have to return to China....that would have cost more than you paid for the top.

Honored Contributor

@dex Exactly! That would have been an expense not worth it. ha! I would have just given it to someone else.

Anyway, I was curious to see how their return/exchange policy was and so far it has been an easy thing to handle. Nice to check these things out before more money is spent there.

However, I still like how QVC lets you try things for 30 days, use them, wash them, etc. That is how you know if something is for you. So I will still use QVC for my primary purchasing venue.

I really like the black/white top and it will look even better when I am not having to suck in my tummy by getting the next size up! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I think they have cute things but shipping from China is a no go for me....and what about returns?  I don't buy much on line especially clothes.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I just posted about returning the black/white one for a larger size. I'm trying to give everyone the step-by-step process of purchasing from Rotita and what happens if you want to exchange/return, in case anyone is interested.

If you have time, you might want to check out my posts about the one I just returned today. It was an easy process and does not go back to China; it goes to New Jersey. Heart

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Okay, so I decided to EXCHANGE the black and white top since it was just a tad tight. Here is what you can expect if you exchange/return an item. 

So far the process to exchange is easy, but even though you have 30 days, flash sale products and jewelry are not covered by warranty. Returns must be received in new condition; unused, unworn, unwashed. Items returned with obvious use, makeup, deodorant, perfume, or similar product stains will be subject to refusal. QVC's policy allows you to wear, wash, etc.

I took the top to the post office just now and paid $4.81. Rotita specifically tells you NOT to require a signature, but you have to make sure you give them the tracking number. You pay for the return to them, any way you want; and they pay for the new exchanged item back to you.

You send the return to New Jersey, not back to China. Don't know yet if the exchanged top will come from China or from New Jersey.

@World Traveler  I am so glad this worked out so well for you! 🌺