Honored Contributor

Rothys shoes.....has anyone tried them

hi ladies

just wondering if anyone has tried the rothys shoes before?

they are on the expensive side, but they look like great basics and the statement behind their brand is great.

i was thinking about trying my first pair, but wanted some feedback.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Rothys shoes.....has anyone tried them

Sorry @sunshine45 , but I never heard of them.  Are they perhaps made in the UK?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of the loafers in the taupe heather. I like them - most shoes cut into the back of my ankle but these were comfortable from first wear. Since they are a woven material (which feels nothing like recycled plastic!), they do conform to my foot shape. They are very flat however. I read one review where someone walked all day in them in NYC. I couldn’t imagine doing that (and I feel the same way when people say they walk all over WDW in their Tieks, so maybe it’s just me.) I haven’t washed mine yet. Some people say they start to smell, particularly since you don’t need to wear socks with them (and frankly I dislike socks!) Mine so far don’t, but I don’t wear them everyday. Nevertheless, I need to throw them in the washer just to clean them up a little.

I might get another pair at some point. The sneakers look intriguing.
Esteemed Contributor

LOL

Just saw this on my Facebook feed. Meghan Markle switched into a pair of Rothy black pointed toe flats in between appearances in Australia.

A766D3FE-7EFB-4B9F-AF8A-F382002BE265.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sorry @sunshine45 , but I never heard of them.  Are they perhaps made in the UK?

have heard of them, but have never tried them. i have read that they are extremely lightweight, yet comfortable, plus 100% recycled material. was just wondering if anyone had tried them. i may splurge on a pair to try them out.     Where are Rothy’s made?

Our shoe designs and prototypes are created in our office in San Francisco. The shoes are made in Dongguan, China, where we own and run our factory. We are proud to provide fair wages, living accommodations, and meals, and we promote a work-life balance for all of our factory employees.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

thanks @Alter Ego

that supplies me with some good information. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I have a few and they are very comfortable. I actually wore one on vacation recently and it was my go to shoe for walking. I would recommend it especially if you are planning on being on your feet a lot. I was concerned about it as I need a shoe with arch support and it did not disappoint. I also bought it in my regular size.

If you are planning to buy one, let me know as you get $20 off if someone refer you.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok - I’m weird! LOL

You inspired me to wear mine today and I took some photos for you.  Sine I’m sure no one wants to look at my dirty shoes/feet, I’ll post in the spoiler

Spoiler
I’m deliberately holding my toes out so you can see the stretch in the fabric - my feet do not look Ike that. If you have particularly bumpy feet, you may not be able to hide them like in a leather shoe.  But, the material is pretty thick and it’s not too bad. My Allbirds are much worse!  I do have a little bunion.

C5EA21E3-C37E-4D86-B1BB-918514FFAD12.jpeg

Attempting to get a closer look at the fabric.  Hard time focusing.

AB4894F9-1384-4CEA-90DE-4771443B3CC5.jpeg

Honestly, I don’t know why they call these taupe.  They’re more like a charcoal heather. I use them in place of black shoes.
Valued Contributor

I LOVE THEM!  I have the pointy ones in red and animal print.  I can no longer wear heels and these make me feel dressy.  They are very comfortable and conform to your feet.  I normally need a W, but these fit fine.  Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

I LOVE THEM!  I have the pointy ones in red and animal print.  I can no longer wear heels and these make me feel dressy.  They are very comfortable and conform to your feet.  I normally need a W, but these fit fine.  Highly recommend.

@KKWA

thanks! those are actually two of the shoes i am interested in. love red for the holidays and i am a huge animal print fan. i love that pointy toed look.

thanks to all of the ladies for your comments and to @Alter Ego for sharing your pics! they do look comfortable.