Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rose of Tralee - Irish Sweaters...

Esteemed Contributor

Every season I go through my clothing and donate.  These sweaters just may be included in this year's donation.

Trusted Contributor

I have hand washed mine with good results.   Cold water. Then roll in a towel and dry flat.  I use a cashmere wash with a quick in and out.

I don't like dry cleaning, either, unless I have no other option.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

5530402956_d464fb88fe.jpg (500×375)

@feline groovy,

I seriously think you have my cat Miss Marie there!  Really, I'm looking at her, or she's looking at me and they could be twins.  If yours is from the New Orleans area, they could be sibs!  Thanks for sharing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@feline groovy,

I seriously think you have my cat Miss Marie there!  Really, I'm looking at her, or she's looking at me and they could be twins.  If yours is from the New Orleans area, they could be sibs!  Thanks for sharing.

@feline groovy wrote:

Smiley Happy

That sweetie above is not mine, Drythe; I just grabbed the image from a Google search.   8-)

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Could it be this (A231309)?Irish Convertible Poncho with Button Detail - A231309

Yes, thanks so much, Homegirl.  I made a typo it seems!  Glad you posted  - thanks again.  So sorry, fairiemoon!

No problem!!

Regular Contributor

I have this sweater also. I just ordered the Parsnip. I have the Navy and the Green. My Daughter is getting the green. She has always liked this sweater.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I was just wondering about ordering this sweater.  I have several of the Aran Craft sweaters, really more than I need since where I live it doesn't stay cold enough for them for too long.  But I can never resist!

I think I'll go for the parsnip.  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

The Rose of Tralee will be on Sept 3rd. I just happened to see the info on the Q's HP...

For those that LOVE Irish sweaters like I do, check your wishlist or any of the sweaters you have had your eye on...

I just checked my favorite sweater A259709 (I appreciate the longer coat length and the deep slit pockets that don't add bulk) and there is a new color 'wine' I just ordered...WooHoo! There is no doubt in my mind that the 'wine' will be the 1st to sell out when they present it on Thursday, so I wanted to make sure I got mine...

I already have this sweater in a couple of colors...'parsnip' and 'gray' and they are FABULOUS! The 'wine' will be a wonderful color to wear this Fall and during the holidays Smiley Very Happy

BTW, this sweater has a near perfect 5 star review rating too Smiley Wink

The bonus is the great easy pay too...

I just thought I'd share for those who would like the HU Smiley Happy

I have that one in the pink shade.  It is gorgeous.  There's a warm coral one I want in a different sweater coat style, but I just have SO many sweaters, LOL.  It's so pretty though. I love sweater coats. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I asked this on the RoT thread in Q Talk but does anyone know why a few of the Aran sweaters state Made in Ireland - but many more state Imported.  Any idea?