Honored Contributor

Re: Rose of Tralee - Irish Sweaters...

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach  That blue sweater is coming across dark on my monitor, is that the one with the very large collar that you can also button up and wear more as a turtleneack too?  If so, I  got that TSV in the natural and I think it was a couple of years ago - longer ago than last year.  It's pretty and VERY warm (but not that funky, fairemoon).

@faeriemoon  While I was looking for my funky Irish swaters, I forgot to post to you that I ran across this, which might appeal to you  A231209  (I don't own it).

I get a Vanilla Philosophy set when I put that item number in the search bar.confused

Honored Contributor

Could it be this (A231309)?Irish Convertible Poncho with Button Detail - A231309

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I know that traditionally, Irish sweaters are, well, traditional.  I'd be all over one if they did a funky version of one.  Think Lori Goldstien, but not layered over 23 other Irish sweaters.

@faeriemoon Too funny.  Unless, of course, you're actually in Ireland, stranded on the moors!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Could it be this (A231309)?Irish Convertible Poncho with Button Detail - A231309

Yes, thanks so much, Homegirl.  I made a typo it seems!  Glad you posted  - thanks again.  So sorry, fairiemoon!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Homegirl, I love the Gael Song catalog. 

It's so much fun to drool over.  Not what one might think - such unique items, many so non-traditional.  Do you think the girls who want something funky could find some stuff there?  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Homegirl, I love the Gael Song catalog. 

It's so much fun to drool over.  Not what one might think - such unique items, many so non-traditional.  Do you think the girls who want something funky could find some stuff there?  

I do, @PamfromCT and @faeriemoon

Valued Contributor

I love these sweaters and I was wondering if everyone gets theirs dry cleaned or have you had luck hand washing.  I hate the dry cleaning chemicals and would love to know about hand washing them.  I don't want to ruin them.  I would so appreciate what you do to care for your sweaters.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

I have at least ten Irish sweaters that I rarely wear anymore -- no longer my style.  But in the cold of winter they sure are warm to wear around the house.  You sure can beat these prices, Marshall's has them every year for about $59.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I have at least ten Irish sweaters that I rarely wear anymore -- no longer my style.  But in the cold of winter they sure are warm to wear around the house.  You sure can beat these prices, Marshall's has them every year for about $59.

Yep.

And they're much more comfortable - especially when driving - than bulky outerwear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

Since you really only need two to alternate with, why not donate the excess to your local Salvation Arny, Goodwill, and women's shelter?

There are many people who desperately need warm clothing, and most styles are unise*x.