Honored Contributor

I see this look everywhere and I do it myself.  I have a few pair of slim leg jeans and one way to make them look more "summery" is to roll up the bottoms a couple of times. Then I wear either a nice flat, casual flip-flop or a higher wedge, depending on where I'm going.

I own a few pair of crop jeans that are rolled up and a pair of crop jeans that have one large cuff at the bottom.    

Trusted Contributor

Rolled up jeans is not for me

Honored Contributor

I roll up my skinnies for a different look.

I like i1!

Respected Contributor

All of my ankle length get rolled up this time of year.  In my area, I am not alone.

Honored Contributor

It's a form of 'joojing' that comes and goes through the years..it's just never occured to me to do it myself but then I'm in Miami so I'm rarely in full length pants.

I think the training videos are a bit much! They're just cuffed or rolled pants! Not rocket science! lol

Trusted Contributor

I live in Kansas and everyone wears them and Kansas is really not known for being edgy and trend setting!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rolled up jeans

[ Edited ]

There are several ways to roll jeans.  One way they look cute is to ****** them in before you start rolling so that the roll isn't loose, rather a tighter to leg cuff.  This more true of straight leg or boyfriend jeans.  Skinny jeans will naturally already be skinny when rolled.

I think the trend started to show off the many summer shoes that go to the ankle or above for the last 3 years of so and now it's a look that goes with everything from heels to sneakers.  It's a really cute look with a tucked in shirt or paired with a more fitted tunic length top.  It's also cool the way Giuliana Rancic wore it with her TS boyfriends (which I like)  However, I do NOT recommend that particular duster.  I was surprised at the lack of seamstress details.  The large pockets can be seen with the duster open. ACK! Her clothing details are usually impeccable.

ETA:  I've already forgotten what innocent word I used that was bleeped.  In other words, the cuff is folded over as you begin rolling up to give it a tighter cuff.. lol.

Honored Contributor

I have rolled my jeans a few times. It actually started last year when I bought a new pair of straight leg Levis that were too long so I rolled them up a few times. I wear sneakers or boat shoes since it is a casual look. I would not do it with a skinny jean and heels. I would feel uncomfortable doing that at my age.