Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog Sweater On Sale Now

@magicmoodz wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I have wanted a sweater/poncho like this for several years now. I'm so jealous of your talent to make your own!

indexnew.jpg

@magicmoodz 

I love this sweater too! I have a couple that are similar, one in a smoky blush but I think it's free people or bp. It definitely came from Nordstrom. I think the trick on the oversized pieces is the length 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd order from Sundance if Bob would deliver it to my door himself.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 cost 

Item No. 86800  marked down to 39.99

$138.00 $39.99 looks like all sizes available including petite....has 4 and 1/2 stars out of five
Honored Contributor

Robert sold out way back in 2004!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Love both of these!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

it's one of the easiet styles to make.  Little-to-none shaping.   The basic shape is two large squares or rectangles for front and back, two rectangles for sleeves - put them all together and make a collar.

There's a crochet book called "Modular Crochet: A Revolutionary Method of Creatng Custom Desgined Pullovers."  The basic techique can easily be adapted for knitting - instead of crocheting the modules - KNIT THEM!   

It's one of those any yarn, any needles/hooks, any gauge, any stitch pattern, any size deals.    I can't tell you the number of very different looking sweaters I've made using this method.  

If you like custom knits - it's worthwhile learning to knit and crochet.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@magicmoodz wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I have wanted a sweater/poncho like this for several years now. I'm so jealous of your talent to make your own!

indexnew.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

My favorite things about Fall and Winter ...... sweaters!  Love wearing them, buying them and making them.

@ALRATIBA 

I love sweaters too! 👍

I can’t make my own, but I definitely buy too many! Enjoy the new sweaters you buy and make! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@magicmoodz 

it's one of the easiet styles to make.  Little-to-none shaping.   The basic shape is two large squares or rectangles for front and back, two rectangles for sleeves - put them all together and make a collar.

There's a crochet book called "Modular Crochet: A Revolutionary Method of Creatng Custom Desgined Pullovers."  The basic techique can easily be adapted for knitting - instead of crocheting the modules - KNIT THEM!   

It's one of those any yarn, any needles/hooks, any gauge, any stitch pattern, any size deals.    I can't tell you the number of very different looking sweaters I've made using this method.  

If you like custom knits - it's worthwhile learning to knit and crochet.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@magicmoodz wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

indexnew.jpg

@ALRATIBA  Thank you for the book recommendation. I will definitely look for it. I do know the basics of both knitting and crocheting, but that is it-just the basics. You make it sound so easy.

Once upon a time I did make a sweater, but I was fortunate to be able to lean heavily on my sister-in-laws mom who was a master knitter.

Thank you again. Happy knitting!

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to have that victorian blouse, but absolutely can't afford $128.00.  It is so pretty!

Honored Contributor

When it's 85 degrees out, that sweater is not appealing to me.  Too hot to even think of a sweater.  Pretty colors.

kindness is strength