Honored Contributor

Re: Rita Moreno - Oscar dress for the ages!

It looked better in 1962.  It wasn't designed to be strapless.  However, she looked fabulous then and just as fabulous last night.  She's living proof that as we age, we don't have to fall into disrepair.  We can remain our fabulous selves.  Actually, as I clicked through the Oscar red carpet looks, I particularly took note of the gorgeous older women who certainly can give the younger ones a run for their money.

Respected Contributor

She should have left the dress in storage.

Esteemed Contributor

Rita Moreno looked wonderful.  But the dress looked as though it had a bussle (bustle)? under it as in French Revolution days.  Unflattering IMO.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

West Side Story -- one of my favorite movies - and I was born and raised on the lower east side of NYC. Rita looks AMAZING!!! Can't replace the "real" stars of the past. We didn't know much about their personal lives, they were more mysterious.When u see an older actress/actor, u know who they are. Today - the actresses/actors all look similar!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Rita has such a lovely figure and complexion. Her hair looks great too! Wow is all I can say!

Esteemed Contributor

That was amazing!!

Respected Contributor

I'm not crazy about the dress.  I liked the bodice on the original better.

The hair wrap she was wearing was distracting.

She's beautiful and she seemed very excited to wear the dress again to the Oscars.  

Respected Contributor

Good for her but instead of taking away from the top I would have added sleeves.  I envy people who can just wear what they want and not think about it.