Honored Contributor

I might actually try a pair of pants from the Q if the ever SHOWED THE RISE!! lol (and they weren't pull ons)

They'll make ridiculous blanket statements like 'it's just below your natural waist' but it's quite the rare occassion when a host will show you where the waist of the pants hits on either her or the models!

Just show me! Pretty simple... Yes this is my major pet peeve with their presentations..

Trusted Contributor

@I always check the garment measurements on the click here.   Having the model raise her shirt to show us means nothing to me.    Our front and back rise differs on each of us for many reasons.    Do we have a tummy, a large, medium or no booty at all.  Are we short or long waisted.

Telling me the height of models and the inseam of the pants they have on also is of little use.   All I need to know on pants is their normal inseam in flats and do they have on their normal.  5'9" models have said 32" is normal for heels but how high are their heels.  There are 2 very tall models who state they have long torsos and regular inseams when they think we need to know.  I appreciate their help.

Bottom line...... Check the "click here " garment measurements on each item in question against your needs.   I have a 3"x5" card with the measurements from garments that fit me good.   It took several minutes to do but it is in my purse (with a 3' retractable tape measure for b&m shopping).  I use it in b&m and when buying on line.   A few extra minutes to check saves frustrations, returns and loss on money.

It took me awhile to get wise and set up my system but even a "older lady" can relearn  old tricks.    My mother taught my sister and I that when she taught us to sew over 50 years ago.