Respected Contributor

Re: Ripped Jeans? Come on now....

I just watched the video of these.  Every pair has the rips in the exact same place.  Is this true in other brands?

If I ever wore these, my husband would be concerned I'd fallen.

Esteemed Contributor

I probably wouldn't buy distressed jeans because they don't appeal to me at age 70! But that doesn't mean that I think QVC shouldn't sell them. There's a market for them as you can see from the comments here. I could say that the Q shouldn't offer themed seasonal tees with sequins because I don't like them - it's the same thing. I like the fact that QVC is offering clothes that appeal to different tastes and age groups. I pass on what I don't like and know that it will appeal to someone else. No big deal!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMomwrote:

I just outright disagree with the comments about someone trying to dress too young and cool and it looking dumb and unflattering as you can also look at it the other way - those who think like this must be old, over the hill, boring, uncool, dress like “moms” (a negative connotation), etc. However, I realize those with such negative strong opinions think theirs is the only one that matters. LOL! Thankfully there’s plenty of “cool” clothes to choose from and also plenty of “old mom” clothes for the others.  To each their own, but I will say that my son, who’s almost 21, has always said he appreciates how I dress compared to all the other ol’ boring moms. So many have let themselves go and he’s also glad that I don’t dress like an ol’ lady.

@AmericanBulldogMom  Sincere apology for missing the point in previous post

Respected Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@AmericanBulldogMomwrote:

I just outright disagree with the comments about someone trying to dress too young and cool and it looking dumb and unflattering as you can also look at it the other way - those who think like this must be old, over the hill, boring, uncool, dress like “moms” (a negative connotation), etc. However, I realize those with such negative strong opinions think theirs is the only one that matters. LOL! Thankfully there’s plenty of “cool” clothes to choose from and also plenty of “old mom” clothes for the others.  To each their own, but I will say that my son, who’s almost 21, has always said he appreciates how I dress compared to all the other ol’ boring moms. So many have let themselves go and he’s also glad that I don’t dress like an ol’ lady.

@AmericanBulldogMom  Well, you sure know how to sling insults I'll say!  You get a 10 on that if that is your intent.  It will be interesting to see what you think about yourself if you are fortunate enough to get to be an ol lady like I am.  I hope at that time that you won't be miserable being old, but can enjoy and embrace that stage of your life.  There are lots of advantages and happy times you simply can't experience when you are young, and I hope you are blessed to enjoy them at that point!

@Sooner You clearly missed the point of my post. It was to bring the exact opposite point of view as so many were making. It’s called playing the devils advocate. I wasn’t insulting anyone -just twisted things to make the opposite point of those that were. Read any of my previous posts. I never put down what others choose to wear, however so many here do. It just gets tiring. I am definitely looking forward to being old ‘ n sassy one day! 

New Contributor

Agree with you 100% - I remember bleaching jeans in the tub & cutting on the hem to gets frayed look.  Everything comes back around eventually.  I just buy what I think looks good on me and feels good.  One of the joys of being 71 yrs. old is I don’t care about what others think, I follow my Own drum beat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think of the poor women who are making the jeans and laughing that women somewhere are buying raggedy clothes that the seamstress own

and paying money to look poor and like the cast of  Les Misérables.

Respected Contributor

My mom is 63 and wears distressed jeans, cold shoulder tops, sharkbite hems, and leggings. So does her sister-in-law who will be 71 this year. Not all older women are ready for the twinset and sensible slacks wardrobe yet, and they shouldn't be insulted for wanting to wear the trends.

It amazes me how this board always comes undone when they show non-basic clothing. Why is it such a big deal anyway? Why do you all want to look like Stepford wives and expect others to as well? As long as nobody's going around wearing clothing with racist or other offensive statements on it, let people wear what they choose.

Contributor

Allaries.....you just described my body type !!! Can you provide me with the inseam on Kohl's Croft & Barrow jeans? I agreed...with your assessment.....the "quality" is missing from many of the QVC clothing items.Way too much money for junk.
Thanks !

New Contributor

@ID2wrote:

Lol! I am such a rebel! I am 64 years old and am actively shopping for a pair of torn jeans for summer. Love the look of leggings with my ankle boots! Woman Happy

@I'm with @ID2.   I am approaching 72 very soon and love my jeans, ripped or not, wide leg, skinny, straight - doesn't matter as long as they fit well..... and I love my leggings with my high boots or ankle boots as well.   For me, its all about how I feel in my clothes, not about the number of my years.  

Valued Contributor

I don't buy Bob sequin embellished anything.  I buy his classy/classic sweaters.