Contributor

Re: Ripped Jeans? Come on now....

They're awful! Not only do they look terrible because they're ripped, but there's something weird with the cut of them. They don't even look good on the skinny models. They're very dumpy looking.

Contributor

I'm sure you look silly following fads that don't look good on anyone. On an older woman it just seems desperate on top of being silly.

Honored Contributor

I don't think this trend is going away any time soon.  Every store I go into has these type jeans in different styles and sized for everyone.  I'm in my mid 50's and have a few pairs of the distressed jeans and love them.  I enjoy changing it up for different occasions.  I do dress chic to boho to fun and alittle edgy.  I work with a few girls in their early 20's and they are always telling me how cute and good I look when I do wear my jeans.  I'm in good shape and am lucky enough to be able to wear these styles.  I really don't think there should be an age limit on wearing clothing you like.

Esteemed Contributor

When any of my jeans get a rip in them, then I start wearing them to garden and work in the yard until I toss them in the trash.  I would never wear ripped jeans out in public.... but that's just me.  I understand ripped jeans are desirable to some.  Not me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to go through my closet and see if I have any ripped jeans (for real) and then wear them.  I do lots of yard work and betcha I have a collection.  Nice to know I don't have to throw them  out.  LOL

Frequent Contributor

I am 50 and I love the ripped/distressed jeans! I will not be purchasing these because I do not like the way D&C bottoms fit me, but I have many pairs of jeans (way too many Smiley Happy and not all of them are ripped, I prefer a variety when it comes to denim and I certainly do not feel too old for any of them!

Respected Contributor

$40 for those.  They look like they will fall apart after a few washings in the machine.  Oh well, such is "fashion."  It goes with QVC's trend of promoting the "bag lady" look.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, 49 here and love them.  I have a great job, make good money, so I don't think I am dumb as implied.  To each his own.  My kids love that i am in the present and can follow a trend without going overboard.  Distressed jeans, a cute t-shirt and some Vans or Converse is my weekend wear.

Deb

Respected Contributor

@CaneCorsoMom

Amen, Sistah!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

If QVC feels there is a market for ripped jeans.....by all means, be my guest. However, they are not for me. What really galls me is the "changing length of the inseam. Us tall gals are being "shut out". Gary whatshisname of Denum & Co has shortened the "regular" insean from 32" to 31 1/2". I require, at least, a 32" insean. Plus, QVC is NOT providing as many styles (across brands) in "tall" as they once did. Graver doesn't do talls at all. One of the few designers who is still doing regular 32" insean is Isaac. However, recently I purchased two white pants.....both were "supposed" to provide a 32" inseam. Neither did....both were 31 1/2". Problem with Isaac is that he is "cheap" with his pants hem....I own tons of his 24/7 and many have an extremely narrow hem. If you wanted t let them down.....impossible. So, I'll be shopping elsewhere for my slacks/jeans.