Honored Contributor

I am not a bargain shoppe for clothing.  I don't enjoy shopping for clothes.  It is time consuming and I have other things I would much rather do.

I buy outfits.  I buy outfits for specific purpose, such as going out with friends, going to town, travel, wearing around town to do errands, nicer dressing for getting together with friends for lunch, etc. 

I buy a few new outfits each season and "retire" some of the others.  I need nice but comfy clothes for home and nicer things when i'm out in public or have friends over.

So I judge "price" by how often I will wear something, how well it fits into my needs and what it looks like--fit, quality and style.  

I don't think of it as "This shirt costs $80 dollars" but how many wearings and how much I like an item and how well it fits my lifestyle.   To me that's the real value.  

Honored Contributor

Everything isn't  for everyone. I watch for sales everywhere I shop, and it really does make a difference

I don't own any Logo ,but many people do ,and come back for more, so ,it must have a loyal  band of buyers

They are in the makrket to sell ,and they do ,at many pices points

Trusted Contributor

@Bernie wrote:
I think LOGO’S prices are crazy! Shirts for 80.00?? Other clothing lines are high too...really not affordable.

@Bernie  I wouldn’t even mind paying that if the item is going to last me five to ten years. I find her stuff is thin material that starts looking very worn after a few washes. A lot of people have never experienced true quality clothing like they made in the 80’s and early 90’s so they have nothing to compare it to. We were spoiled to have owned such well made clothing. Sadly I will always compare clothing to those standards.  I won’t buy Logo again.

Regular Contributor

I'll laugh right along with you!  A t-shirt with and added ruffle or a couple pieces of material...I have seen her stuff being sold at the Green Dragon, it's a big open air flea like market here in PA...
Her clothing all look the same...

Trusted Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Bernie wrote:
I think LOGO’S prices are crazy! Shirts for 80.00?? Other clothing lines are high too...really not affordable.

Ridiculous prices - YES - especially on these lines - Side Stitch, LOGO, GILI, Martha Stewart, and IM to name a few.

@manhattan1950 @Bernie True! But at least Martha Stewart’s shirts & blouses hold up and look nice wash after wash.

Regular Contributor

I bought, last year, a cute blouse fron JC Penney, that is absolutely adorable for less than 25$....the other day I saw a "designer" blouse the same print, only with long sleeves for 80$...I may add the material is the same also.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Ridiculous prices

[ Edited ]

@Acf11 wrote:

I think LOGO prices are too high in comparison to the quality and fabric of the garments.

@Acf11 

I have no issues with any of the LOGO items I have.  Well worth what I paid for them ... they work really well with other brands that I buy.  

I'm still wearing pieces from Lori's early days at QVC.

Honored Contributor

Clothing prices are increasing.  I think all of us will be buying fewer items, and maybe we will be buying fewer clothes that are made more to last than be worn a season. 

On the bright side it will help the decluttering and closet cleaning issues. 

Esteemed Contributor
I have been shopping more at TJMaxx and Marshall’s these days. I can find great bargains on good designer names for $20. I recently bought the greatest red wrap dress from FreePeople for $30. It’s stunning and received lots of compliments. I do love receiving packages in the mail but watching some of the fashion shows on the Q the prices are climbing and the return charges are just not worth it. I am happy we have so many other options. Oh and btw Anthropologie is having its 50% off sale. Lots of fantastic bargains in all departments
Frequent Contributor

@Acf11 wrote:

I think the prices of clothing on QVC have been going up.  On some items, I have actually seen similar styles in Walmart.  What is going on?

I have bought things from Walmart & similar stores that are just as well made as Logo, Susan Graver etc:-..I have washed them over & over..Susan graver had a top on today for $42.00 that I have very similar for quarter of the price!!...I can afford her clothes but won’t buy because it is ridiculous