Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:
What is ridiculous for some is totally affordable for others.

What you really mean is that it's expensive if your retired.  Not so expensive if you're working.  At least half the posters here are retired.

Honored Contributor

@songbird, one out every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire. The median wealth is just over $200,000.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Bernie wrote:
I think LOGO’S prices are crazy! Shirts for 80.00?? Other clothing lines are high too...really not affordable.

Do you lament the prices because you love the item and wish you could buy it but cannot afford it?  Or are you just making a general complaint but wouldn't buy the item anyway?

Respected Contributor
My Logo pieces are in heavy rotation in my wardrobe. I rarely dissatisfied with what I spend.

Everything isn’t for everyone.
Honored Contributor

Re: Ridiculous prices

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@songbird, one out every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire. The median wealth is just over $200,000.

LOLL  LOTS of people are "millionaires".  All on paper.  Stock Market.  Tons of people working are "millionaires" too. I can think of at least 7 people including relatives, on  hand I know that are in that category. True wealth (as in the bank and land) are Billionaires.  Sorry but inflation squashed that years ago. Stock market is hopeful, wishful, maybe money.  Not real money.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

LOLL  LOTS of people are "millionaires".  All on paper.  Stock Market.  Tons of people working are "millionaires" too. I can think of at least 7 peopleincluding relatives, o hand I know that are in that category. True wealth (as in the bank and land) are Billionaires.  Sorry but inflation squashed that years ago. Stock market is hopeful, wishful, maybe money.  Not real money.

@songbird, that doesn't change the facts I provided. The fact is that the word "retiree" does not include a particular income level.

And your distinction between millionaires and billionaires is specious. Either group can be wealthy on paper. And current stock holdings are always considered as part of a person's assets.

From thesimpledollar.com:

What Does Net Worth Mean?

In a nutshell, your net worth is really everything you own of significance (your assets) minus what you owe in debts (your liabilities). Assets include cash and investments, your home and other real estate, cars or anything else of value you own. Liabilities are what you owe on those assets — including car loans, your mortgage, and student loan debt.

Net worth is a measure of your financial health because it basically says what you would have left over if you sold all of your assets to pay all of your debts. Every financial move you make should be aimed at increasing your net worth. This means either increasing assets, or decreasing liabilities.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I think LOGO prices are too high in comparison to the quality and fabric of the garments.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

And the same things on the morning and night specials. If you can't sell them --donate.

Contributor

I think the prices of clothing on QVC have been going up.  On some items, I have actually seen similar styles in Walmart.  What is going on?

Valued Contributor

Re: Ridiculous prices

[ Edited ]

@Bernie wrote:
I think LOGO’S prices are crazy! Shirts for 80.00?? Other clothing lines are high too...really not affordable.

Ridiculous prices - YES - especially on these lines - Side Stitch, LOGO, GILI, Martha Stewart, and IM to name a few.